free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need advice

Hi!
    I have a pending permanent resident application in CA. (Filed in july 2002). Since I had been unlawfully present in the US for more than 180 days, normally I couldn't leave the country. The 245i allpied to me so I had to pay $1000 penalty.
    My only question is if there was any way I could leave the country and come back OK. I need to leave for family purposes, please help.

Hi!
    I have a pending permanent resident application in CA. (Filed in july 2002). Since I had been unlawfully present in the US for more than 180 days, normally I couldn't leave the country. The 245i allpied to me so I had to pay $1000 penalty.
    My only question is if there was any way I could leave the country and come back OK. I need to leave for family purposes, please help.

yea deport 'em.

If the adjustment application was filed in Los Angeles, it should have already been scheduled for an interview. You need to do a followup to find out why this hasn't happened. If the resident visa is approved at the interview, you can travel immediately. Otherwise, there is no way to travel, even for the most extreme circumstances. Because you were out-of-status for more than 180 days when you filed your application, the Service will not issue an "advance parole". If you leave without it, you have no way to return and you application will be considered to be "abandoned". If it is then transferred to the U.S. consulate, you are submect to the 3 year/10 year exile period before you application can be considered, unless you can
    get a waiver (which can be very difficult). I urge you to consult a quallified attorney (one who spends at least 50% of his/her time practicing Immigration law) and follow his/her advice

Yes, it was filed in the CA service center, but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure if I will have an interview, since it's an empoyment based application. They took my fingerprints in september 2002.I've been checking case status on various web sites but they don't seem to be advancing for some reason. Can anybody tell me what's going on? Thanks for your answer!

perhaps your petition was one of the over 90,000 documents unlawfully destroyed by Calfornia center a few months ago ?

If you asked for the interview to be waived, they usually waive it in employment based cases. Get your A# and contact the district office for the case status.

info@myronmorales.com