50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: To Umesh, one more question!

Thanks Umesh! We do have all the copies and it should help. I understand that my husband has to file I-130, but why did you say my son should file I485 and I-765 himself?
    And another question: You said if my son is 18, stepdad can't file for him. Why? My son is going to be 18 this year, soon. What if we are too late? Who should file for him when he is 18? If it's me, would it give him right to stay here? You see, he lives here(in USA)with us, because I entered on K-visa and he entered as my dependent. So he is HERE already. If I file as LPR, would he have to go back?
    Sorry, I ask so many questions, I'm not too good about papework myself.
    Thank you in advance!

Thanks Umesh! We do have all the copies and it should help. I understand that my husband has to file I-130, but why did you say my son should file I485 and I-765 himself?
    And another question: You said if my son is 18, stepdad can't file for him. Why? My son is going to be 18 this year, soon. What if we are too late? Who should file for him when he is 18? If it's me, would it give him right to stay here? You see, he lives here(in USA)with us, because I entered on K-visa and he entered as my dependent. So he is HERE already. If I file as LPR, would he have to go back?
    Sorry, I ask so many questions, I'm not too good about papework myself.
    Thank you in advance!

To Mom:
    Sorry I did not check this post earlier.
    One can sponsor his/her step child only if the child is under 18 years. So it is best that your husband should file I-130 for your son immediately.
    Regarding I-485 and I-765 those are to be filed by your son because he is adjusting his status as a permanent resident alien.
    This whole package alongwith documentary proof should be submitted together to speed up case.
    Good luck.

That's OK. I'm sure you are very busy and I appreciate any advise!
    We are going to do something about our situation first thing on Monday. But we are kind of torn between the options. Lady from congressman's office thinks that I-290 is faster, besides there is already Adjustment package on INS file. Should we file both: Adjustment package and I-290? Just in case? Do we need a lawyer? I'm so confused!

No you do not need a Lawyer. You have copies of previous sponsorship, just fill new forms and submit those to the INS asap. You do not need to try to reopen that case. It is too late for that and for that you will need an attorney. The best is submit all these papers asap to the INS.
    You son should get his EAD within 3 months and GC interview within this year.
    Do not try to waste money on I-290 or on Attorneys.
    Good luck.

I like your advise so much better! I do hope it works and I don't lose my son. God bless you, Umesh! May I let you know what happened?

To Mom:
    If you have any problem with filling in the Forms just post it here and I will try to answer asap.
    Good luck