publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: this is a brain buster ( HELP!!!)

ok i am a U.S immigrant i have a greencard when i was 17yrs old i got arrested and i jumped bail and went bak to my country now im 22yrs old and know that i cant ever go back to america , now i wanna settle down in canada, is it possible?
    can i immigrate to canada? or i can go and settle down there with my U.S greencard?
    please any good advice will be helpfull.
    i have no family in canada all my family is in america,so is there any good ways for me to live in canada legally?
    thank you,

ok i am a U.S immigrant i have a greencard when i was 17yrs old i got arrested and i jumped bail and went bak to my country now im 22yrs old and know that i cant ever go back to america , now i wanna settle down in canada, is it possible?
    can i immigrate to canada? or i can go and settle down there with my U.S greencard?
    please any good advice will be helpfull.
    i have no family in canada all my family is in america,so is there any good ways for me to live in canada legally?
    thank you,

I don't know about Canada's law. But, depending on the nature of your "crime", you may still have a chance to return to US. If your parents, brothers, sisters are here and they are now US citizens, they can sponsor you.

it depends on the nature of the crime! But "jumping bail" by itself is another serious crime for immigration purposes. The only thing that speaks for you is that you were still a minor when all this occured.

If you can get your original (criminal) case file (freedom of information) and sort those things out first (if you have a warrant or have to pay fines etc., fix those first) before you attempt to enter the U.S. or adjust your status here (once you leave the U.S. as an LPR for such an extended time, you're not considered a permanent resident alien anymore).

It's quite a complicated matter, but it can be fixed in my opinion. There is technically no "statute of limitation" anymore for crimes comitted by aliens, meaning that it won't make much of a difference if the crime occured 5 yrs. ago or 50 yrs. ago, if it renders you ineligable to establish permanent residency here, you won't be admitted!

If it was not a felony (just a misdemeanor) you shouldn't be that bad.