publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Sammy, Mohan or anyone with a clue.

I came to the US on an F1 visa. I just got approved for Political Asylum and am now eligible for Financial Aid. One of the questions on the Financial Aid application form is on Income Tax and earnings or investments. I did work during the past two years - without authorization and filed my taxes. I had to work because I came from a war torn country and it had become hard for my guardian to keep paying my tuition from my country. I wanted to stay in status so I worked to get money for tuition. My question is: Do I declare those earnings on my application? If the answer is yes, will I not get in trouble for working illegally since this information goes to the federal government and they also ask for your Alien Number? I would greatly appreciate any help or any information.

I came to the US on an F1 visa. I just got approved for Political Asylum and am now eligible for Financial Aid. One of the questions on the Financial Aid application form is on Income Tax and earnings or investments. I did work during the past two years - without authorization and filed my taxes. I had to work because I came from a war torn country and it had become hard for my guardian to keep paying my tuition from my country. I wanted to stay in status so I worked to get money for tuition. My question is: Do I declare those earnings on my application? If the answer is yes, will I not get in trouble for working illegally since this information goes to the federal government and they also ask for your Alien Number? I would greatly appreciate any help or any information.

I personally don't believe it should be an issue either way if you provide them information on tax or not, federal financial aid does ask for your A# if not citizen but I do not believe they go around and verify all that stuff.
    If you decide not to provide them with any information then it should be fine because most likely they wont go around and check with IRS on you.
    As long as you haven't been charged with a felony and you are eligible then you should get approved.

I am confused here... You said you filed a tax return. did you have w-2 from employers for work? if so.. then u r saying that they let u work with soc sec. card without a proper EAD card? please offer more detailed info here. Lets get these facts straight before u end of screwing yourself over.

Yes i had a W-2 from the employer and yes they let me work with just the SSN and most people/companies will not ask for the EAD

Did not your ssn say invalid? did it say not authorized to work on it? Even so .. why would u have worked showing a papertrail.. that was very foolish and ur lucky that the asylum got approved without u getting caught. In anyway, u are legal per res. and financial aid doesnt know that u were not legal to work when u did. so give them finaancial info if u choose. Try to get in the habit of being truthful so that it will not backfire later down the road.

hope everything turns out fine 4 u.

when you work what ssn/TIN you used? is it your real SSN and paid taxes on that OR Used someone else ssn and paid taxes?
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

It was my real SSN and i paid taxes on that. The SSN was the one with the "work with INS Authorization"

you should declare your earning. earnig only be used to evaluation for eligiblity of financial aid.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..