50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: DV2004

Four weeks ago I received notification that I have been selected in the DV-2004 lottery. I filed all forms requested by the Kentucky Center and sent it back. Two weeks later I received a second notification that I should contact the INS for adjustment of status. I did so, because I have been in the US for more than 6 years and I am currently on a H1B1 visa. I received a phone call from the INS with the content that they will send me the necessary paperwork for filing an application for AOS. So far so good. It was then said that I would need to check the Department of State internet sites during September to find out the available visa numbers. If such a number would be available, I could send in my application.

Can anyone tell me how this whole process regarding selection in the DV lottery, available visa numbers, and time point of application of AOS is working? Do I have to check every month the Visa Bulletin for these numbers and if I find my, can I then start with the application? My case number is in the lower 20k and I do not know how long it would take to see my number there.

Or can I apply for AOS immediately by filing all the forms like I-485?

Thanks in advance.

Four weeks ago I received notification that I have been selected in the DV-2004 lottery. I filed all forms requested by the Kentucky Center and sent it back. Two weeks later I received a second notification that I should contact the INS for adjustment of status. I did so, because I have been in the US for more than 6 years and I am currently on a H1B1 visa. I received a phone call from the INS with the content that they will send me the necessary paperwork for filing an application for AOS. So far so good. It was then said that I would need to check the Department of State internet sites during September to find out the available visa numbers. If such a number would be available, I could send in my application.

Can anyone tell me how this whole process regarding selection in the DV lottery, available visa numbers, and time point of application of AOS is working? Do I have to check every month the Visa Bulletin for these numbers and if I find my, can I then start with the application? My case number is in the lower 20k and I do not know how long it would take to see my number there.

Or can I apply for AOS immediately by filing all the forms like I-485?

Thanks in advance.