free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Is it acceptable? Mohan, Umesh?

In the RFE letter I got for my EAD application, it says;

"Submit evidence that you have filed or have an approved I-485, Application to Adjust Status, with this Service. This evidence should be in the form of a RECEIPT OR Receipt Notice OR Approval Notice issued to you by this Service"

Now when you file the I-485 before the court you don't get a Receipt Notice. Certainly it will be to late when you get the Approval Notice.

What does it mean up there with only "RECEIPT"? All we have is a fee paid receipt, (like those you get from grocery stores ) with my A# number, the amount and what application it was paid for on it. Also there is a date and fee stamp on the first page of the I-485. Now all evidence we have is this regarding the filing of I-485, this will be forwarded to the Service Center? Do you know if it is acceptable?

In the RFE letter I got for my EAD application, it says;

"Submit evidence that you have filed or have an approved I-485, Application to Adjust Status, with this Service. This evidence should be in the form of a RECEIPT OR Receipt Notice OR Approval Notice issued to you by this Service"

Now when you file the I-485 before the court you don't get a Receipt Notice. Certainly it will be to late when you get the Approval Notice.

What does it mean up there with only "RECEIPT"? All we have is a fee paid receipt, (like those you get from grocery stores ) with my A# number, the amount and what application it was paid for on it. Also there is a date and fee stamp on the first page of the I-485. Now all evidence we have is this regarding the filing of I-485, this will be forwarded to the Service Center? Do you know if it is acceptable?
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

You're not asking me, but I just want to be a busybody...heheh.

It said, evidence that you already filed...so that will be enough I think. But make sure you just submit the copy not original.

Wait what Mohan and Umesh say.

The receipt you have in your possession is the ONE [regardless of you filed that application with BCIS or with IJ]. You need to submit it with you EAD application because it's indeed your filing receipt for adjustment status. It has your A#, date of filing, fee for AOS, and etc. This is the one, BCIS needs from you in order to process you EAD.

Well thanks guys for the replies, the question is/was to everyone generally speaking, I just didn't want to ask like "Mohan, Umesh, Sammy, Josephine, Me2" list names in the topic LOL

Do you have a rough idea how long would it take to get approval after they receive the RFE response we send?

your receipt of fees paid is enough.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

thanks