free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hardtime and she left me

hello there everyone , i got terrible news for everyone . i was married 3 years ago . and known and been with my wife for total 6 .
    i was freelancing and contracting by small computer companies and made good money . in
    web development /networking /programming .

well lately economy being not that good
    and i couldn't find freelance work . so i had
    to work .small jobs with less money . i mean really less well

my wife was LPR . and also went for her finger/prints/interview ... after being with me for 6 years . decided . there's no future for us .. . same person . who knew after i get EAD . i will be working for either dupont or astra zeneca for their IT department ..
    she filed for divorced ... and told me that i don't have money and that she don't there's a future for us (she knew about this since day one that i was not legal )

i went to the special registration NTA was issued . for overstaying .
    my court date is this month .

can someone tell me . what choice do i have ?
    i am sure . i will be deported . but knowing that i lived here for 12 years .. is there anything i can do ? i never married my wife for a green card .she was an LRP when i met her and 3 years worth of dating . and then got married in jan 2000 .. filed for i130
    never heard anything from them .. since then

so can someone help me ?

hello there everyone , i got terrible news for everyone . i was married 3 years ago . and known and been with my wife for total 6 .
    i was freelancing and contracting by small computer companies and made good money . in
    web development /networking /programming .

well lately economy being not that good
    and i couldn't find freelance work . so i had
    to work .small jobs with less money . i mean really less well

my wife was LPR . and also went for her finger/prints/interview ... after being with me for 6 years . decided . there's no future for us .. . same person . who knew after i get EAD . i will be working for either dupont or astra zeneca for their IT department ..
    she filed for divorced ... and told me that i don't have money and that she don't there's a future for us (she knew about this since day one that i was not legal )

i went to the special registration NTA was issued . for overstaying .
    my court date is this month .

can someone tell me . what choice do i have ?
    i am sure . i will be deported . but knowing that i lived here for 12 years .. is there anything i can do ? i never married my wife for a green card .she was an LRP when i met her and 3 years worth of dating . and then got married in jan 2000 .. filed for i130
    never heard anything from them .. since then

so can someone help me ?

find another wife

Hello Immigrant,

I am so sad and so sorry to hear about what has happened. It really is sad that she could not accept you for who you are and that you were trying to do your best.

I really wish I had the answer for you, but I am not sure what to tell you, so I am hoping after I post it might help grab someone's attention that may be able to guide you with a hopeful answer.

Immigrant, know that you will be in my prayers and I really do wish you the best of luck.

God Bless You!

Immigrant, it is not clear from yr post that yr wife is a USC or LPR, because one side you said that she was LPR and went for fingerprinting interview, so i can only assume at this time that she has filed for naturalization and went for fingerprinting for that application. Then, it also confuse me that if she is not citzen yet, then how you can obtain EAD. Well, there is lots of confusion to me in understanding yr post and analyzing for best advise, so do me a favor, if you can answer me specifically to the following questions-(1)what was the immigration status of yr wife at the time of yr marriage as well as her status when you filed the paper work, (2) is there any abuse going on towards you, not necessary physically, i could be mentally also, (3) is there any children born in this marriage (4) what is the status of yr divorce case, i mean- whether it is finalize or not, (4) what are the ground for divorce she alleged on divorce complaint, (5) do you have any USC or LPR blood related relatives over here and whether you are helping them in any sense, not necessary financially but emmotionally also, (6) why did INS issue you NTA specifically when you have valid EAD and i assume specifically when yr AOS is pending to process, (7) when is yr court date, (8) did you ever or now is contributing or helping soceity in any forms, (9) did you ever commit any crime here, (10) how long you have been working here (any kind of job),or do you have complete record for yr tax returns, (11) whether or not yr wife withdrew I-130 application.

I hope you will understand my situation since i don't wanna give my opinion if i don't know the complete fact about yr situation.

the status of my wife at marriage was LPR
    about the abuse . she tortured me day and night about i shoud find more work . i should work extra . knowing that .i can't work .
    no children in this marriage
    she filed the divorce last wednesday
    i don't have anyone here . who is related to me
    who is lpr or usc . but i do help out lots of my friends . who are usc or lpr
    INS issue NTA cuz of the overy stay 12 years
    i dont have EAD i have tax identification number and i work as a freelancer /slef employed contractor
    my court date is sept 20th
    i never commit any crime
    i130 petition she is withdraw it soon .... maybe next week ...

Immigrant, i still need to know the status of wife at the time of filing I-130 for you, as well what is her status now.

You received the tax payer identification which you can use only for paying taxes, that is, and it is given to foreigner by IRS who can not obtain ss# thru SSA. So, you had no right anyway to work at first place, and i assume that the filing status of yr I-130 petition is spouse of LPR wife, otherwise, you could receive EAD based on pending application of I-485 which you can file together with I-130 if yr wife is USC. Now, because of verbal and mental abuse, you are entitled to file for I-360, a battered spouse application, but you need to gather lots of documentary evidences in order to prove yr case, and you need to move fast regardless since you will be going in front of judge, otherwise you will be deported. Get the application I-130 and read it carefully, but like i tell you that you must be abused whether physically or mentally. Your wife won't know anything about it, and even if she withdrew it, it doesn't matter. But, there is problem in yr case, since there is NTA has been issued already, and you have no status here, i don't think personally that you will be eligible for waiver or can avoid deportation, but if judge agree with yr hardship evidences then you will be able to get GC right away. But, from what i understand yr situation, i hardly doubted that judge would grant you any waiver or GC because you really don't have any compelling reason to stay here. If i were you, i would find some USC girlfriend and marry her right away in a legitimate intent at least for the time being because immigration judge would automatically presume that you married to USC just to avoid deportation and then you will go thru great scrutiny. I think that is the only option left for you if you don't wanna deported right away, because i strongly believe 99.99% judge will order for yr deportation, specifically in views of theseday's situation. Whatever, you wanna decide you must decide now, because you has very short time, otherwise ignore NTA since anyway you were living without any status until now, change yr address and find another USC wife to marry in true sense because once there is deportation, then immigration judge is the one will decide you fate in the future, and you must need a USC wife in order to avoid deportation and to stay in this country. I am not suggusting you to find someone to manipulate our immigration laws, while what i am saying is that you can find USC woman to love you and marry you, since love can always be developed later on. Good luck, my friend.

Sammy:

Read 1st sentence of the 4th Paragraph. She is a LPR. Is it clear enough now.

To Guest,

Sammy does his best to make sure he understands everything correctly so that he will not misguide anyone and I respect him very much for this.

Please, if you want to post, there are many others that could use your help.

Thanks Guest!

TO: GUEST

I believe i am not the one who need to read any paragraph or the entire posts of original poster, instead you are the who need eye-glasses to read clearly because original poster never mentioned anywhere on his any post here that his wife "IS" LPR, while what he mentioned is that his wife "WAS" LPR. Don't you know english grammer to understand the difference between "IS" and "WAS". Secondly, original poster mentioned cleary that his wife went to fingerprinting interview which automatically gives the clue to me that she might has applied for naturalization, otherwise why she was fingerprinted. Do you believe that she went to fingerprinting for green card application when she was already LPR according to original poster. Thirdly, you have kept yr eye and mind closed since you have ammoysity against me anyway in order to contradict me since you have done just few minutes ago to others of my posts on this board, that's why you can not even read my question clearly wherein i was also asking the current immigration status of his wife alongwith what was her status at the time of marriage, rather than all other bullsheets. The reason me to ask his wife current status is, if his wife is USC citizen then he can able to file his adjustment of application right away along with work permit application based on approval of his I-360, which usually takes only 30-60 days to process, and this way he could able to prove to the immigration judge about the hardship and abuse automatically because I-360 would not be approved if he can not prove hardship as well as abuse and approval of this application gives the judge to grant his residency since he doesn't need to prove again to the judge. Right now, he is not on deportation proceeding while he only received a notice to come to court and to answer why he should not deported since everyone has a right to defend themselve in a court of law. So, he might have pretty good chance to approve specifically when he is married for 3 yrs. Well, anyway, i don't need to explain to you all this stuff since you seems to be a knowledgeable person who can see and read very carefully in order to analayze the given situation.