50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Facing Deportation

I hope I could get some good advice form you. This is about my brother who is facing deportation. Our family applied for Asylum and in the process he turned over 21 and somehow had to fine a separate application for him, our case was referred to the court but we were granted asylum but his case was rejected at the same court but with a different judge.
    This happened about 3 years ago etc and our lawyer applied for appeal and I am not sure what went down after that, about 5 months ago my brother married a USC hoping that would help him change his status, after applying the paperwork through our lawyer last month he got a letter from local INS office stating that he must leave the country within 30 days because of his asylum app was denied, or file a motion to see the judge.
    Ha has files the motion to see the judge but yesterday his wife left him just out of the blue, packed her stuff and let the souse and called my brother to let him know that she is leaving him.
    What must he do now? Obviously he can't go back, is there a way to stay in the country with a legal status?
    Can he go to Canada and apply for asylum at the border?
    Need Help Pelase!

Copper

I hope I could get some good advice form you. This is about my brother who is facing deportation. Our family applied for Asylum and in the process he turned over 21 and somehow had to fine a separate application for him, our case was referred to the court but we were granted asylum but his case was rejected at the same court but with a different judge.
    This happened about 3 years ago etc and our lawyer applied for appeal and I am not sure what went down after that, about 5 months ago my brother married a USC hoping that would help him change his status, after applying the paperwork through our lawyer last month he got a letter from local INS office stating that he must leave the country within 30 days because of his asylum app was denied, or file a motion to see the judge.
    Ha has files the motion to see the judge but yesterday his wife left him just out of the blue, packed her stuff and let the souse and called my brother to let him know that she is leaving him.
    What must he do now? Obviously he can't go back, is there a way to stay in the country with a legal status?
    Can he go to Canada and apply for asylum at the border?
    Need Help Pelase!

Copper

Definately tried first the Motion. His family is here. But right now you need to talk to SAMMY. He is our help in this chat board. Make a posting saying Help Sammy! He will come to you.
    he is the one with the most experience.
    Good luck

Sammy is not a Genie.
    Sweet Madame Belu

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    Cooper:

What happened to his appeal since you said that his case was denied 3 year ago? Did he contact the lawyer who was helping him on his appeal? He should contact that attorney right away to know what should be done next. Because attorney could inform BCIS that his case is on appeal now, so that BCIS won't try to deport him meanwhile.

However, I don't see any good thing in his favor except if he wins appeal now. Because his wife has already left him. If he can compromise with his wife then he has very good chance [98%] to get residence here thru immigration judge. But, since she already left, there is not much hope for him as of now, unless he marries again with another USC after divorcing this wife.

As far as to go to Canada for asylum is concerned, then you should know that Canada is also now rejecting asylum cases. They are aware of million of Muslims and others who went there for asylum after 9/11. I've known hundred of people who were denied asylum there. Some are waiting for 4 or more years to be heard on their asylum cases. There is no guarantee that he would definately be able to get asylum there, however, your brother can able to buy some time until his asylum case is decided.

To be honest, his best hope is- to compromise with his wife or get married to another USC. He can divorce his wife in Las Vegas in one day. Good Luck.

Josephine:

You said I am not a genie, but I remember you telling me genie somewhere. Maybe, you meant- like a genie, right? What can I do for you my BOSS!

Dont rub the lantern if you dont want the Genie to pop out.

Appreciate all your replies specially Sammy.
    I will definitely give my brothers some suggestions, in the mean time his wife has been in contact with him and they are trying to work things out. So far she did tell him that she would help his sort out the immigration issue but I don't trust her with that, cant trust someone who would walk out on you one day for no valid reason.
    Thanks,
    Copper

Everyone and their mother knows that Canada rejects NO ONE. They'll let you in. Give you a gc, housing, benefits. And then even if they deny your asylum -- you have a 1 in 10,000 chance of actually being deported. Plus if you get a good lawyer and appeal -- you'll be succesful anyways.

Like the popular saying is: Once you step inside Canada. You're pretty much *legal*.

Why do you think the US is now creating the new entry/exit system and requiring visa's for non-canadian citizens?

-= nav =-

My comments;
    You already got advise in correct form. I don't know when your brother was put into deportation ( the date of NTA issued) and how long your brother was physically present in United states before the NTA.
    It can be another side to explore if he qualify. In case his marriage doesn't worked out he can file for motion, to the case where he was deported in absentia and then file for cencellation of removal when his motion is granted, He can use his parent as hardship if he qualify to 10+ years before NTA and good moral.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..