publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How do I check on the status of my case in the internet?

How do I check on the status of my old case in the internet with an alien number? There was a cite that I used to check my status but I don't remember the URL. I searched for it and couldn't find it. The cite at the BCIS asks for a 13 digit number. Is there a cite that I could use with a 8 digit alien #.

Thank you very much for your help.

How do I check on the status of my old case in the internet with an alien number? There was a cite that I used to check my status but I don't remember the URL. I searched for it and couldn't find it. The cite at the BCIS asks for a 13 digit number. Is there a cite that I could use with a 8 digit alien #.

Thank you very much for your help.

As far as I know they will allow you to check the status of your case as long as you have the 13 digits number that you got with your application's receipt. The alien number is just an identification number.Here in Chicago they dont issue the 13 digits number in your receipts anymore so I can't check my status either.
    I didnt get any answer when I called the costumer service number, but maybe you will have some luck....you should try..

Alice,
    thank you for the information. Can you please post the customer service number?

thanks

From www.bcis.gov

"BCIS: Case Status via the NCSC 800 Number

The BCIS recently opened Case Status online letting customers with applications at a BCIS Service Center conveniently check the status of their case over the internet. As a next step in improving service customers can also call 1-800-375-5283 toll-free for automated case status assistance on Service Center filed cases. This new number replaces the toll numbers previously used on receipt notices (Service Center numbers). This system is an automated replacement of the Service Center automated case status system. Just follow the telephone menu directions.

Even if you use our website to get case status, we recommend that you call if you move while your application is pending at one of our Service Centers, or if you don't hear from BCIS within the processing time we projected on your receipt notice, or if you have other questions about case processing."
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Bushmaster:
    Thank you for the infomation.

But the 1 800 number does not work in Canada. Is there another, regular number I can use to learn about the status of my case. Also, If I call up lawyer in the US will he be able to check on it? I haven`t called but don`t know if it will work.

Thanks