50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: To Sammy,Please Advise

You have alrady responded to my questions about my case sent to Special Operation Unit(it is a marriage based petition).
    considering Mavrick72 post and your response to him, I would appreciate if you advise me, too.

I knew my husband as a collegue and boyfriend in our home country(he is a USC) and I came here on a tourist visa.

I stayed with him since the day I arrived here . after living together for one year , he proposed to me and 6 months later we got married.(I overstayed for 7 months and then we filed I130 and...)
    we did not give the ins officer any document that shows we had a relationship before I come here, we just had two air tickets to a country for the purpose of business. these tickets are now in our file. Even in the affidavit of support my husband had sent me(for getting a visa), he had supported me as a friend(it is written in the affidavit).

1. do the agent write anything of what we say in our file? during the interview the only thing she wrote was our new address, phone no and nothing more.

2. have we done a crime from their point of view by knowing each other before I came to US on a tourist visa?

the agent asked us if I had seen his relatives(the answer was yes)
    why I had not come to US with him in his previous trip to us(I said because of visa problem)
    why we had waited for 18 months to get married?

the truth is that he proposed to me after I lived with him for a few months and we could know each other better(we had not lived together in my country becuase such thing is illegal there) and we are not young enough to have time for a wisfit marriage and getting married over and over. we need to think carefully about getting married.

our current siutation is due to my husband's idea about the interview( he did not prepare himslef and any paper for the interview. he said this is just a formality) and the stupid rookie lawyer(lier) who was only after money and did not even bothered herself to tell us how to prepare ourselves for the interview.

now we are going to hire another lawyer to help us for our case(we have already talked to her and she has a good reputation).

3. if our second interview is satisfactory by 80%, will they grant me GC. I mean if our answers matches togther.

4.what happens if they think the interview is not going well(of course this probably wont happen). will our case be sent to court?

5. how much can we change our story that we told during the first interview. can we change it somewhat?

You have alrady responded to my questions about my case sent to Special Operation Unit(it is a marriage based petition).
    considering Mavrick72 post and your response to him, I would appreciate if you advise me, too.

I knew my husband as a collegue and boyfriend in our home country(he is a USC) and I came here on a tourist visa.

I stayed with him since the day I arrived here . after living together for one year , he proposed to me and 6 months later we got married.(I overstayed for 7 months and then we filed I130 and...)
    we did not give the ins officer any document that shows we had a relationship before I come here, we just had two air tickets to a country for the purpose of business. these tickets are now in our file. Even in the affidavit of support my husband had sent me(for getting a visa), he had supported me as a friend(it is written in the affidavit).

1. do the agent write anything of what we say in our file? during the interview the only thing she wrote was our new address, phone no and nothing more.

2. have we done a crime from their point of view by knowing each other before I came to US on a tourist visa?

the agent asked us if I had seen his relatives(the answer was yes)
    why I had not come to US with him in his previous trip to us(I said because of visa problem)
    why we had waited for 18 months to get married?

the truth is that he proposed to me after I lived with him for a few months and we could know each other better(we had not lived together in my country becuase such thing is illegal there) and we are not young enough to have time for a wisfit marriage and getting married over and over. we need to think carefully about getting married.

our current siutation is due to my husband's idea about the interview( he did not prepare himslef and any paper for the interview. he said this is just a formality) and the stupid rookie lawyer(lier) who was only after money and did not even bothered herself to tell us how to prepare ourselves for the interview.

now we are going to hire another lawyer to help us for our case(we have already talked to her and she has a good reputation).

3. if our second interview is satisfactory by 80%, will they grant me GC. I mean if our answers matches togther.

4.what happens if they think the interview is not going well(of course this probably wont happen). will our case be sent to court?

5. how much can we change our story that we told during the first interview. can we change it somewhat?

Hopefully Umesh, Sammy or Mohan can reply but I'll tell you what I've been told by a few sources. They said we may need to get affidavits from friends concerning our relationship. That they knew of us having a relationship, etc. Copies of old email, mail, phone bills showing calls, etc. would be helpful.

Karen:

I've given you very lengthy answer on your each question already, and I really want you to read it over. But, one thing I can tell you for sure that there is something you are not telling me, or may be you did not able to convince the officer by your answer. There is no problem at all in yr case so long you can arrange ALL those documentary evidences and knew about each other everything, as what I have told you previously.

You are thinking too much, and getting nervous for nothing, believe me. Those questions, which were asked by officer, should not be asked because it has nothing to do with your case, instead, it has to do with fiancee visa though. Are you kidding me...omg, there is no crime whatsoever, whether or not you have known your husband before coming to U.S. And, on the question of why you had waited for 18 months, then in fact it's favorable to you because it proves obviously that you are not behind the green card-but for love only, otherwise you would have married with him right away after coming here. Don't change your answer anymore, otherwise there would be contradiction in your previous statements, which would lead for further investigation. Yes, officer do need to write on the file about the evidences, statements and other provided information. I don't think for even a bit that officer did not satisfy with your marriage, instead, I strongly believe that the reason your case was referred to Special Unit because you are from a country which is listed under terrorist list.

As I have told you already that every question officer have asked you, has nothing to do with yr green card case except the one wherein officer asked that whether or not you have met each other's family. You should not be asked those questions, and I can bet you that this time it won't happen if you go their with attorney. You've got believe me. It seems to me that she was a very noisy officer, who was just curious about your relationship and wanted to give you a hard time, that about it. But, she can not deny your case just because she is trying to pull the hairs on yr case for no reason whatsoever, instead she will be following the laws. She could loose her job NOW, if your complaint about her found truthful. Believe me, she is just trying to give you hard time, so that she can show you her power because she knew how immigrant are scared from immigration. Don't worry about anything so long your marriage is real.

If she deny your case, then you can file a motion for reconsideration with INS, which would be reviewed by her supervisor and they won't be like her because they knew that they are here to follow the rules and laws. Don't worry at all. Try to arrange as many documents you can. You can ask me any question, you may have. But, pl. let me know about yr case time to time, since I am getting interested about yr case especially when the officer was so rude and asked those unrelated questions. Good luck.

thank you so much for your answers to my questions. If there were more people like you, I think life would be easier for people.

Karen, please let me know the status of yr case since I am getting interested in yr case as I told you above, as well it's just for my curiousity also. You may email me at - SAMMY7258@MSN.COM, because I won't be staying that long on this board. Take care always, and good luck to you.

I agree with Sammy. Thats a good advise . For Karen, actually you could save a lots of time and headache if you prepared from the beginning since you have a very straight forward case. Make sure to prepare all evidence for your next interview. You shouldn't worry that much if you prepared. Good luck.

Sammy I will definitely inform you of the status of my case and the final result.