free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nebraska Bcis

Has anyone been approved for a k-i visa out of nebraska in the last 2 months. I filed on 3-11 183 days to date. Thru my attorneys website I can watch all the k-1s that have been filed thru there office when they were filed and when there approved. Up until 2 months ago they were approving at or around 150 days like clockwork, since then I have not seen one approved, the top one is at 218 days now, can anyone tell me why they fell so far behind, it doesnt make any sense, did they go on strike or did they all take there vacations at once. Its very frustrating because they are saying it will take 150 to 180 days to approve these, now were looking at well over 200 or more, can anyone tell me why they have slowed to a crawl ?

Has anyone been approved for a k-i visa out of nebraska in the last 2 months. I filed on 3-11 183 days to date. Thru my attorneys website I can watch all the k-1s that have been filed thru there office when they were filed and when there approved. Up until 2 months ago they were approving at or around 150 days like clockwork, since then I have not seen one approved, the top one is at 218 days now, can anyone tell me why they fell so far behind, it doesnt make any sense, did they go on strike or did they all take there vacations at once. Its very frustrating because they are saying it will take 150 to 180 days to approve these, now were looking at well over 200 or more, can anyone tell me why they have slowed to a crawl ?

Go to http://www.britishexpats.com and go to their forum. There's a user "dwaarf2" that will have those details for you. In a nutshell, they're still working on February. On August 25, 2003, they approved a case with the 1st NOA dated January 29, 2003. Another good site is the "Dave Hollis" site. You can enter your details there as well, to help those that have the questions you have. It's a database for K1 people. You can sort the columns by clicking on them, etc. Here's the link: http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.php

Oh, and BTW, if you're looking at the website for information, don't take it to much to heart. My wife came from England on a K1 and we're now married (as of August 30th). The BCIS website still says the K1 is pending...LOL.

we are having the same problem we are waiting since 170 days 10 more for the 180 and we cant find any thing i´m in mexico ....... and i really miss my sweet baby ..... did you call them ? .... you shuld do it ... ok.

I was approved on August 12.
    I had applied as of April 28.
    I am not sure if they approve faster when a fiance is coming from a certain country.
    However, it has been about 5 weeks since the date of our approval and I still haven't recieved anything from NVC telling me that they have sent the diplomatic pouch overseas. From all the info I have recieved, I have been told that we have to wait up to 90 days before we can really start questioning the NVC about why our case has not been sent.
    I am sure that you will recieve your responses soon. I just hope you are not stuck in the same situation I am where you think that you are finally towards the end of your wait and then find out that there is another long wait ahead.

wakerjane....where is your fiance from?? if you dont mind me asking.the only cases i see coming through fast seem to be from the phillipines. how did you get approved so fast??? i am about 120 days into the process. And my love is from morocco. the wait is horrible.

My fiance is from Germany.
    I am not sure how it happened so fast.
    I am relieved.
    I just wish I could know when his interview will be.

WalkerJane - I am amazed. I received my first (and only) NOA from NSC on April 10 and am still waiting for something to happen. It appears the NSC is the slowest Center in the country. Do you have any idea why your petition was handled so quickly? I could have filed at any of the 4 Centers and chose Nebraska, thinking it would be faster. The very day after I mailed the stuff I found a new web site and learned that Vermont handled everything in 2 to 3 months. I am living with my fiancee in her country so it is not as difficult for me as it is for most of you. I had made arrangements, some of them financial, for us to be in the States this year and it looks as though a lot of plans are going to have to be changed. I'm afraid it will get expensive.
    Does anyone know if congress or the BCIS itself has been lobbied about the incomptence of the NSC? I would certainly add my voice to it.

Gosh you must be lucky...we filed on March 10th, received their reply on March 12th and SILENCE since...I'm from Europe as well, Italy. This is simply ridiculous. We had to cancell our wedding scheduled for the 27th thinking that with the timeframe provided to us by NSC we would be able to fit in.....beep...wrong!!!!