50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: My Green Card

IS there anyone out there that has had their dv2003 lottery processed in their country and entered through NY, i entered 2nd week in july and still I have not recieved my ss card or actual green card. Only my passport is stamped temproary resident. Since i dont have access to computer all the time, i am not sure whether my question was answered as previously i posted my concerns. How long they are taking to send the card. Right now its difficult for me to get employment since no ss and when i am saying that in interview than the interviewers expression is changed. I think having all this will allow me to get job faster. Please help. one month ago when i called ss they siad that my name is not on their computer yet. Somebody please explain me. THanks I appreciate all the help here.

IS there anyone out there that has had their dv2003 lottery processed in their country and entered through NY, i entered 2nd week in july and still I have not recieved my ss card or actual green card. Only my passport is stamped temproary resident. Since i dont have access to computer all the time, i am not sure whether my question was answered as previously i posted my concerns. How long they are taking to send the card. Right now its difficult for me to get employment since no ss and when i am saying that in interview than the interviewers expression is changed. I think having all this will allow me to get job faster. Please help. one month ago when i called ss they siad that my name is not on their computer yet. Somebody please explain me. THanks I appreciate all the help here.

Hey have you already entered the US? I know someone who entered and got their stuff in one week.

Sounds like you came too soon or you went to a very big city. Its always advisable for new immigrants to go to smaller cities, get acquainted to life in the US, and get their paperwork then later move to bigger cities.

A number of people who I know going to big cities always take very very long to get settled.

hi...i could not wait becuase after processing in my country i had 6 months to leave and enter the US. I cleared all personal stuff there and left after 3 months. I have a friend here helping me out in New York, but am not sure for how much longer she can put up with me not working. I had no choice but to enter thro NY cos that is the only option i had. anyone else out there still waiting for their green card or ss number. I appreciate any help
    thanks - Macy L.

Dear Writer,
    I read your post. A friend of mine in LA won the green card lottery and it took him about 4 months to process in L.A. It should not take that long really. Keep checking with Social security and if need be, go down to their office and talk to someone there about processing your card, you could talk to a manager down there and don't take no for an anwer, they will help you out if they see how persistant you are. If you can't get anything done, just relax and be patient, at least you won the green card lottery and got processed quickly at the consulate abroad and they got you here fast!

Just wondering: did you just enter the U.S. after your initial notification? Or did you have your interview already and entered after you received the temp stamp from the consulate?

If you did enter without waiting for your interview appointment at the consulate, are you sure you'll be able to get a visa this way? Please keep us posted! What is your chargability (don't need to disclose last 2-3 digits) and what country?

I am falling under Africa.
    Here is my story: i entered green card lottery, after several months i recieved notification that i won and was given interview date. together with that i recieved all the documents they are needing. I got all docs ready and go for interview. At interview i give them appointment letter and everythign they asked for, then officer goes through in (also this at american consulate). Then officer says that my visa will be ready in one hours time, I went out to eat then returned and collected large eveloped sealed with all my docs and visa (A4 Size) with my photograph on top. Officer said this is my visa and when i enter united states i must hand over to the immigraiton officer at port of entry. Then i start working on getting everythign done (selling car, giving up job, al that stuff) in order for me to prepare to go to US. After 3 months i leave my country and enter through NY and port of entry i give whole docs to immigration officer. She open envelope and take my passport and stamp date of entry only, she then gives me back docs and say go that room. I go where there are several other peoples waiting. Upon entry of that room one of the officer takes my docs and then i sit and wait. After few minutes they call my name, i go they take my one finger print and stamp my passport lawful resident (temporary) with employment authorization. They said that my green card wil be mailed to the address i gave in the visa application. After three days of arriving i go to ss office to apply for card, they say my name is not on computer and they copy my passport with the stamp, and siad they will keep checking, but i know i have to keep calling in order to get answers. Hopefully my green card will arrive soon. Thats it step by step, now am just waiting for social secuirty number and green card - I hope this is help to anyone else - Thanks