50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Spouse sponsorships steps

I'm currently on H1-visa, which was transfered from F1 visa, since my passport is not stamped for H1 so if I go to my country I need to get passport stamped for H1(can this be done in canada? while I'm citizen of other country) . On the other hand, My wife is waiting for her oath taking to become usc, and she is filling my sponsorship petition. I'm wondering how long will it take to get permanant residence or some other documents so I can travel to my country without getting visa.

I'm currently on H1-visa, which was transfered from F1 visa, since my passport is not stamped for H1 so if I go to my country I need to get passport stamped for H1(can this be done in canada? while I'm citizen of other country) . On the other hand, My wife is waiting for her oath taking to become usc, and she is filling my sponsorship petition. I'm wondering how long will it take to get permanant residence or some other documents so I can travel to my country without getting visa.

As your H1 is approved, so there is no problem for you to stay in the United States as long your H1 is valid. You can not get it stamped in Canada as Immigration has changed its rules and for stamp you will need to go to your country, which may take from couple of weeks to couple of months. Stamp is just good for travelling. As you have mentioned your wife is awaiting for oath, so it will be better not to go for a H1 stamp on your passport. When your wife will sponsor you and you will file your AOS and EAD applications, hopefully in about 3 - 4 months you will get your EAD. Then if you would like to travel then you will need to apply for Advance Parole, in your case you will issued AP for one year which will be for multiple entries.
    Good luck.