free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 1 filing 2 receipt numbers

1 filing 2 receipt numbers

I'm an attorney who has two recent filings to remove conditions on residency. In each case, the filing wound up with 2 different receipt numbers. I get a receipt number, then I get an 'RFE, then the case disappears and when we call the 800# we find out that there is a second receipt number that we don't know about. The filings are done at Laguna Nigel CA. One number is listed for the I-751 and another receipt is for CRI89 which is the agencies internal code for the I-751 so it is the same filing and same case. USCIS does not show the first receipt number as valid (the one for the I-751 that comes with the first receipt), and we never get a receipt for the second one that does appear on the USCIS web site.

Does anyone else have come across this issue? And how to deal with it?? It is obviously a headache to take care of and neither case has yet to be resolved, although we have made them aware of the issue in those two cases, but still no case movement and no resolution yet. I'm afraid this is going to become an ongoing problem.

Quote Originally Posted by a2scotty View Post
    I'm an attorney who has two recent filings to remove conditions on residency. In each case, the filing wound up with 2 different receipt numbers. I get a receipt number, then I get an 'RFE, then the case disappears and when we call the 800# we find out that there is a second receipt number that we don't know about. The filings are done at Laguna Nigel CA. One number is listed for the I-751 and another receipt is for CRI89 which is the agencies internal code for the I-751 so it is the same filing and same case. USCIS does not show the first receipt number as valid (the one for the I-751 that comes with the first receipt), and we never get a receipt for the second one that does appear on the USCIS web site.

Does anyone else have come across this issue? And how to deal with it?? It is obviously a headache to take care of and neither case has yet to be resolved, although we have made them aware of the issue in those two cases, but still no case movement and no resolution yet. I'm afraid this is going to become an ongoing problem.
    I think this is the normal behavior.

On our I-751 receipt, it says "Upon receipt of your ASC appointment notice, you can find the status of your case on-line at www.uscis.gov. To view the status of your case, enter the application number found at the top of the ASC appointment notice. NOTE: The I-751 form type will be listed as "CRI89" under the application type in our case status on-line tool."

On our I-751 biometrics appointment notice, under "Case Type", it says "I751 - CRI89", and under "Application/Petition/Request Number", it says "[case number A] - [case number B]" (our actual case numbers removed). Also, at the bottom of the biometrics appointment notice, there are two barcodes, one that says "Application Number 1" and "I751 - [case number A]" on the left, and one that says "Application Number 2" and "CRI89 - [case number B]" on the right. "[case number A]" is the same as the one on the I-751 receipt and does not work in the USCIS online case status system, and "[case number B]" does work in the USCIS online case status system.

The fact that they mentioned on the I-751 receipt that you have to wait until the biometrics notice to be able to look up your status, and that you have to look under CRI89, and the fact that they have two numbers and two barcodes on the biometrics appointment notice, means that this is by design that the I-751 number does not work and you have to use the other one.
    Last edited by newacct; 08-24-2015 at 12:12 AM.