Comment: Supreme Court Considers Redistricting Case

Sean Trende at RealClearPolitics writes that the Supreme Court has decided to take up potentially the most important redistricting case in 50 years. The plaintiffs in the case have asked the court to clarify that only citizens should be counted for purposes of drawing legislative districts. Currently, legislative districts are drawn in accordance with population and not the number of voting age citizens; and the number of voting age citizens per Congressional district varies widely across districts. If the court were to find for the plaintiff, virtually every legislative and congressional district in the country would have to be redrawn.

Redistricting has been a tool used by Republicans and Democrats alike to create "safe" districts to maximize their chances of winning districts. A wholesale redistricting would have far reaching consequences for the upcoming elections. The author, who is an election analyst, projects the possible implications of such redistricting for upcoming Congressional and Presidential elections.

Please let us know your thoughts by writing to us at editor@ilw.com.

Article: Way Too Long: Prolonged Detention In Arizona's Border Patrol Holding Cells, Government Records Show. By American Immigration Council

Article: Source of Funds - Recent Trends and Developments. By Mitchell Wexler

Article: Detailed Analysis of EB-5 Reauthorization Bill: Source and Path of Funds. By Anu Nair

Blogging: Immigrant of the Day: Victor Nieblas Pradis. By Greg Siskind

News: USCIS Interim Memo on Form I-604 Orphan Determinations

Focus: EB-5 Events for Chinese Students

Chinese international students are coming to the US in dramatically increased numbers. The explosion in undergrad Chinese students started in 2008 and continues. For EB-5 purposes Chinese students offer the best prospects. We have been conducting events in 2014 educating Chinese Students on EB-5 in New York City. We can conduct similar events in six other cities across US. For each city we promote the event to multiple campuses across the metropolitan region; this can vary from ten to twenty campuses per city. The time frame for the events is determined based on the academic calendar. These are short evening events that require a short single night stay trip from the sponsoring Regional Center or law firm. During the educational event covering the students' immigration options the sponsor makes a short presentation about their project or law firm. The event structure allows for plenty of networking opportunities with students. These events are available only to Regional Centers that use Regulation-D or to law firms, and we require clients to consult a securities attorney before signing up for these events. For more information please contact us at tel: (212)545-0818 or write to us at webmaster@ilw.com.

Headline: Coulter: Ted Kennedy's immigration act detrimental to U.S. Click here

Headline: Immigrants create tons of jobs for local workersClick here

Headline: California Lawmakers Invest $55 Million to Improve Healthcare, DACA Applications for State's Immigrants Click here

Headline: Mark Zuckerberg donates $5 million for undocumented immigrantsClick here

Headline: Latin America bashes Trump's immigration bashing Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal

New York, NY. Goldstein & Lee, P.C. with offices in New York and London is seeking a Legal Assistant/Paralegal bilingual in Japanese and English preferably with at least 2 yrs experience in U.S. Business Immigration law for a full time position in New York. Due to increased work with major Japanese companies both in Japan and in the United States, we have an immediate need for a bilingual Legal Assistant/Paralegal. The individual selected will interact with Japanese companies both overseas and in the U.S. Candidates are urged to send their CV/resume directly to Richard Goldstein at Richardgoldstein@goldsteinvisa.com. We will be available to meet interested candidates at the AILA Conference in D.C. between June 14 and 20 or in New York. Reqs: Bachelor's degree. Fluency in Japanese and English. 2 yrs U.S. business immigration experienced preferred

Michael Best & Friedrich LLP is looking for an Immigration Paralegal for its Milwaukee office with at least 1 year of experience in Corporate Immigration, including but not limited to non-immigrant (H-1B, L-1, TN) and immigrant (PERM, I-140, I-485) cases, naturalization filings, and immigration case management. Experience with INSZoom will be beneficial. To be considered, a candidate must have excellent academic credentials. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and transcripts. Michael Best & Friedrich LLP has earned a reputation as a leading broad based business law firm because of our long commitment to delivering results for our clients. With approximately 230 attorneys in several offices in the Midwest, Salt Lake City, Utah and Washington, D.C., and global reach through our membership with LexMundi, we have been twice voted Best Law Firm In Wisconsin according to "Corporate Report Wisconsin", and voted the Go-To Law Firm by Corporate Counsel Magazine 8 years running. With 82 attorneys selected to inclusion in the 2015 "Best Lawyers In America" you will join attorneys whose depth of knowledge and experience fit the needs of our clients. Michael Best & Friedrich is also a Firm focused on community involvement, and a strong commitment to Diversity and Environmental Stewardship. Click here to connect to the online application.

Chicago or Madison, IL. The national law firm of Quarles & Brady LLP has an opening for an immigration paralegal in our Chicago or Madison offices. Responsibilities include creating drafts, revisions, preparing detailed forms, documents, letters, exhibits, and other related materials as needed for primarily employment-based immigration processes. Ideal candidate must have 2-5 years of in-depth business immigration experience. Candidates should have specific experience with preparing PERM Labor Certifications, H-1Bs, and L-1s. Bachelor's degree required. Excellent organizational, communications (oral & written), and analytical skills required. Experience with immigration case management systems preferred. If you are interested in applying, please e-mail your resume along with salary history to: staffrecruiting@quarles.com. Equal Opportunity Employer

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney

Milwaukee, WI. Michael Best & Friedrich LLP is looking for an Immigration Staff Attorney for its Milwaukee office with at least 1 year of experience in Corporate Immigration, including but not limited to non-immigrant (H-1B, L-1, TN) and immigrant (PERM, I-140, I-485) cases, naturalization filings, and immigration case management. Experience with INSZoom will be beneficial. To be considered, a candidate must have excellent academic credentials. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and transcripts. Michael Best & Friedrich LLP has earned a reputation as a leading broad based business law firm because of our long commitment to delivering results for our clients. With approximately 230 attorneys in several offices in the Midwest, Salt Lake City, Utah and Washington, D.C., and global reach through our membership with LexMundi, we have been twice voted Best Law Firm In Wisconsin according to "Corporate Report Wisconsin", and voted the Go-To Law Firm by Corporate Counsel Magazine 8 years running. With 82 attorneys selected to inclusion in the 2015 "Best Lawyers In America" you will join attorneys whose depth of knowledge and experience fit the needs of our clients. Michael Best & Friedrich is also a Firm focused on community involvement, and a strong commitment to Diversity and Environmental Stewardship. Click here to connect to the online application.

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney

Los Angeles, CA. Law firm has an immediate opening for a full-time, California attorney with at least 2 or more years of experience in the legal field. This is a good opportunity for someone who wants to learn and grow with our company. In addition to practicing immigration law, the candidate should be willing to learn and practice personal injury, business, or family law. Candidate should be familiar some of the following areas of immigration: Adjustment of Status, Consular Processing, EB-5, H1B, E2, L1, Removals, and more. Work Hours: Monday through Friday. To apply, please e-mail us at mwlaw28@gmail.com with your cover letter, resume, and expected salary. Thank you.

visaparalegal

Paralegal Services

Based in Teaneck, NJ (NYC Metro Area), Faveo Paralegals provide cost-effective, per-case, flat-fee, immigration paralegal services to attorneys across the United States. Faveo Paralegals' clients include sole practitioners, mid and large size law firms, and legal departments of Fortune 500 Companies. Our paralegals previously worked for large international law firms and in-house departments of Fortune 500 Companies. References are available upon request.
For a cost-effective, flat, per-case fee, Faveo Paralegals can fully, professionally and competently prepare for attorney's review wide range of nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions including: H-1B, H-2B, H-3, L-1A/B, E-1/2, I-1, K-1/K-3, O-1, P-1, R-1, TN, U, PERM, I-140 Eb-1, Eb-2, Eb-3, Eb-5, NIW, I-601 Waivers, Responses to RFEs, & Family Petitions, Adjustment of Status Applications. Please visit us on the web at: www.visaparalegal.com Contact E-mail: info@visaparalegal.com Contact Tel: 201-256-3767 x 1. To view Faveo Paralegals video presentation on YouTube go to: Faveo Paralegals Presentation. Important Notice: Please note that we only provide services to attorneys licensed to practice law in the United States. Faveo Paralegals cannot provide paralegal services to general public.

E3 Investment Group

E3 Investment Group structures offerings that allow foreign
investors the opportunity to receive green cards under the U.S.
Government's EB-5 program. They have a unique expertise in
creating opportunities that do not involve regional centers, but
offer all of the benefits of a scaled organization without the
negatives. They call this Scalable-Direct. In essence, they are
the Non-Regional Center. See a two minute video that describes
how it works:
http://e3investmentgroup.com/the-non-regional-center. If you
would like to learn more, kindly email or feel free to call us
directly. Matt Gordon, Attorney at Law, CEO, E3 Investment Group,
The Non-Regional Center, Email: matt.gordon@E3investmentgroup.com;
Cell: 646-402-5000; Website: http://www.E3investmentgroup.com

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily,
write to editor@ilw.com.
Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

"http://blogs.ilw.com/entry.php?8673-Letters-of-the-Week-June-15-June-19"
target="_blank">Letters of the Week
:

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event

July 9, 2015, 10am (Central). The Nebraska Service Center (NSC) will hold the next monthly stakeholder teleconference to discuss issues relating to Business. Issues include: Premium Processing, I-140, I-360, I-485 EB, I-765 riding with EB I-485, I-131 riding with EB I-485, I-824 as appropriate, Waivers as appropriate. The deadline for submission of Business-related questions is Friday, June 26, 2015. For more information and to submit questions contact CEO.NSC2@USCIS.DHS.GOV.

An Important disclaimer! The
information provided on this page is not legal advice.
Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and
receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client
relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without
first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright
1995-2015 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence
and articles to "mailto:editor@ilw.com">editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles
may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any
medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not
necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.

"publisher" id="publisher">
Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X

"http://www.ilw.com/immigrationdaily/advisoryboard.shtm">Advisory
Board
: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo,
Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong