free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bringing my Love To the U.S.A

Hi my name is Martina .I've been in the united States for 11Years now.I have a permanent Visa it does not expire,but Iam not a U.s citizen. I met a guy here he is
    from my original Country (Germany) we fell in Love we want to be together,how can I bring him over here so he can stay legaly.Can we get married on his next visit and just go to the INS from here or should we do our paper work from over there and I do mine here.I know we are not the only couple this has happened to ,please I need some serious advice.I miss him alot and so do my kids.Thank's

Hi my name is Martina .I've been in the united States for 11Years now.I have a permanent Visa it does not expire,but Iam not a U.s citizen. I met a guy here he is
    from my original Country (Germany) we fell in Love we want to be together,how can I bring him over here so he can stay legaly.Can we get married on his next visit and just go to the INS from here or should we do our paper work from over there and I do mine here.I know we are not the only couple this has happened to ,please I need some serious advice.I miss him alot and so do my kids.Thank's

Yes, we can give an advise.Need to know more.Are you considered a permanent resident (green card holder) in US?

Dear lilly,
    Iam so happy that someone replied...Yes I have a resident Alien Card.It states on tha back:
    Person indentified by this Card is entiteled to reside permanently and work in the U.s
    and there is no exp.date to be found.Do you think I have a chance bringing him over here without problems.I also have a very good paying job,so I would know we would be fine till he could get a job over here.legally! Thank you so much for your replY...Martina

As a GC holder, even if you marry this person, the petition you file as an LPR won't be current for about 5 years. This means he cannot obtain LPR status for quite some time.
    If you became a US citizen, then your petition would be current automatically and he could be processed in a matter of a few weeks.
    There is no fiancee visa for LPR's either.

That's right. My spouse is a resident and that doesn't help us to be able to adjust my status. If you marry him now you can only file I-130 petiton on his behalf and he can visit in about 3 years via V-visa for spouses of permanent residents. Apply for your citizenship as soon as you can and he will be able to benefit faster

Be very careful.

The V visa will not apply in your case. It is limited to petitions filed before 2001.

The INS rule is that if you marry, your spouse is considered an intending immigrant and is not eligible for any visitor visas except H1B and L1.

There does not seem to be a problem with entering on a visa waver though.

Best advice is to become a U.S. citizen and petition then. Otherwise if your fiance can get an H1B visa, that is safer.

I agree with Kent. I believe Germany allows dual nationality. So, if you gain, US nationality, you may not lose your German Nationality.

Applying for him as the spouse of a USC is the fastest way

Kent, the current date for V-visas is 2001. It will be moved next year. If you have read the regulations it says 3 years after filing I-130 petition.

Thank you all for the input it realy helps to know a little more now I know what to do!
    How long will it take after i have filled out the paperwork to become a citizen,all together how long would it take ,because I want this done a.s.a.p so i can start my petition to get him over here.........Thanks