50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: interim EAD's and Charlotte, NC local office

wondering if anyone has had recent dealings with obtaining interim EAD's at any local office especially Charlotte office in North Carolina.It has been greater than 90 days since filing my 485/765 which are derivative on Mother's employment based 140, and I have an employer holding a position for me but the employer cannot wait any longer than March 17.
    Can anyone tell me if I will be given the EAD same day if I go to the local office? Is the office super busy?
    All applications were submitted to Texas service center and Charlotte is considered our local office.
    Many thanks to anyone who can help or advise.

wondering if anyone has had recent dealings with obtaining interim EAD's at any local office especially Charlotte office in North Carolina.It has been greater than 90 days since filing my 485/765 which are derivative on Mother's employment based 140, and I have an employer holding a position for me but the employer cannot wait any longer than March 17.
    Can anyone tell me if I will be given the EAD same day if I go to the local office? Is the office super busy?
    All applications were submitted to Texas service center and Charlotte is considered our local office.
    Many thanks to anyone who can help or advise.

I'm in Charlotte and have had to go to the INS office here. They are always extremely busy! Lines out the door every day. I would get on down there and wait to see someone. I have tried to find their phone number, but it is not published. I would go there very early and try to get there first. I'm just curious, why is your employer only giving you until the 17th?

I am eligible for LPR based on my mother's application which was employment based.She has already received her EAD.As the 90 days was reached in mid february I started seeking employment and stated on my applications that my EAD was pending. An employer will hire me once i have my EAD but states he cannot wait any longer than March 17.as his busy season starts at this time.

Winnie, get down there! Get some coffee and a thick jacket and get on line! You cannot wait any longer, and there is always such a line. I hope things go your way. It is my understanding, and remember, I am no expert, but if you have an approved, stamped/signed document showing INS has approved your application for work eligibility, and you can bring this to your employer, can't you work? If you're approved and just waiting on the card to be mailed, it seems you could start with the approved INS documents and provide the card when it comes in the mail. Can someone else weigh in on this? Logic doesn't always dictate when it comes to INS. I'd get down there and see what you can find out - good luck!