publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How to Find a Medical Doctor for the Form I-485 Medical Examination?

How to Find a Medical Doctor for the Form I-485 Medical Examination?

When an alien immigrant applys for Green Card by using Form I-485 for adjustment of status, the alien applicant should have a medical examination. The medical examination can be done by a medical doctor who is authorized by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The authorized medical doctors are called also civil surgeons.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has launched an improved online application, called "Find a Doctor" (https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor), to assist applicants for U.S. permanent residence (Green Card) find doctors authorized to provide the medical examination required for Form I-485 applications for adjustment of status. The website also provides useful information regarding the medical examination process in the immigration context.

Many I-485 applicants need to undergo a medical exam performed by a USCIS authorized civil surgeon. Upon completion of the exam, the medical doctor will complete the report of medical examination and vaccination record (Form I-693), places it in a sealed envelope, and provides it to the alien applicant. This sealed envelope must accompany the Form I-485. The USCIS also now issues Requests For Evidence (RFEs) on long-pending I-485s to ask for updated medical examinations.

The "Find a Doctor" web tool provides the names and contact information for authorized civil surgeons in the area based on the address or zip code provided by the individual. It also lists what documents applicants should bring to their respective appointments and briefly explains the medical tests conducted during the exams.

USCIS Civil Surgeon NYC New Jersey Connecticut Long Island

Quote Originally Posted by peterl2k2 View Post
    When an alien immigrant applys for Green Card by using Form I-485 for adjustment of status, the alien applicant should have a medical examination. The medical examination can be done by a medical doctor who is authorized by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The authorized medical doctors are called also civil surgeons.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has launched an improved online application, called "Find a Doctor" (https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor), to assist applicants for U.S. permanent residence (Green Card) find doctors authorized to provide the medical examination required for Form I-485 applications for adjustment of status. The website also provides useful information regarding the medical examination process in the immigration context.

Many I-485 applicants need to undergo a medical exam performed by a USCIS authorized civil surgeon. Upon completion of the exam, the medical doctor will complete the report of medical examination and vaccination record (Form I-693), places it in a sealed envelope, and provides it to the alien applicant. This sealed envelope must accompany the Form I-485. The USCIS also now issues Requests For Evidence (RFEs) on long-pending I-485s to ask for updated medical examinations.

The "Find a Doctor" web tool provides the names and contact information for authorized civil surgeons in the area based on the address or zip code provided by the individual. It also lists what documents applicants should bring to their respective appointments and briefly explains the medical tests conducted during the exams.

DONT WASTE TIME on searching with zip code on that site if you live in New Jersey, NY or CT or even PA.
    IT IS NOT HELPFUL FOR PEOPLE IN TRISTATE AREA for sure because there are hundreds of doctors on that list.
    So how can you decide?
    Call every one of them?
    Come on!
    It does not tell you price, convenience or hours or appointment ability on weekends and after hours.
    There are enough places that do it for 120-130 dollars
    Just GOOGLE it.
    I used one in Astoria and was happy.
    Takes a couple of visits and 1 blood test only.
    Don't use the ones in NYC /Manhattan - they are mostly gimmicks - they will "farm out" stuff, make you run around to get this and go there and bring vaccine etc. My doctor, she was nice, I went to free clinic that they sent me to and I was done.
    You are ALLOWED to go to ANY CIVIL SURGEON by USCIS. They merely recommend you someone in your zip code. But they don't control prices. The NY Metro Area Consumers - WE control prices. Search, and go. It is all new process in 2015. New forms. New rules. Don't waste time if you can find someone under 130. Avoid the 50-60 dollar ones - they have hidden charges. Or they are doing something (not doing something is more like it). In other cities like Philly it is 400, in DC 600, we are lucky to get it cheap.
    Also, don't go by reviews that complain about paying for stuff - they are written by people that were looking for everything to be free. For syphilis if it comes positive there is another test required. For Tbrculosis being positive there is ExRay required. If both these are negative, and you have your shots from back home nothing else is needed as you are healthy and welcome to America!!
    Last edited by Immig Victim; 10-02-2015 at 12:18 PM. Reason: update