publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 and I-498 when can travel???

Question I-130 and I-498 when can travel???

Hi everybody hope you all doing well. I'm new here and wondering if someone can answer my question.
    I just received my US Citizenship a week ago and about to file forms I-130, I-498 and I-765 along with all supporting documents for my wife who is living with me, here in the US.
    We started dating back in 2012, a few months after she entered the US via F1 visa which expired the same year. Ever since we were unable to travel anywhere beyond the reach of a driving distance because of the fears of possible deportation.
    We are not planing any trips aboard until she gets her green card,so I want to know when she will be able to move freely within the US without the fear of being deported if stooped at the local airport ?
    I know some people say you can fly locally with expired visa, but we are not willing to take that risk. And my distant relative just got deported on overstayed visa flying LA-JFK
    Thanks guys.
    and girls
    Last edited by NuclearPenguin; 04-27-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearPenguin View Post
    Hi everybody hope you all doing well. I'm new here and wondering if someone can answer my question.
    I just received my US Citizenship a week ago and about to file forms I-130, I-498 and I-765 along with all supporting documents for my wife who is living with me, here in the US.
    We started dating back in 2012, a few months after she entered the US via F1 visa which expired the same year. Ever since we were unable to travel anywhere beyond the reach of a driving distance because of the fears of possible deportation.
    We are not planing any trips aboard until she gets her green card,so I want to know when she will be able to move freely within the US without the fear of being deported if stooped at the local airport ?
    I know some people say you can fly locally with expired visa, but we are not willing to take that risk. And my distant relative just got deported on overstayed visa flying LA-JFK
    Thanks guys.
    and girls
    If you are so scared and you want to make sure everything is done correctly, why not talk to an expert - an immigration attorney? I’m assuming you meant I-485? Once the I-485 is filed, she should be safe to travel as long as she carries her I-485 receipt notice with her. However, there is no guarantee that she will not be detained and/or questioned.