free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Greencard by marriage

Hi
    If someone marries a USC, then can anyone here explain how the process to apply for GC is?
    What I know so far, there will be an interview at BCIS, then we have to maintain joint bank account, then 2 years later, we'll be interviewed again?
    what is the requirement in terms of proofs (like utility bill, tax filing, etc?)

thanks

Hi
    If someone marries a USC, then can anyone here explain how the process to apply for GC is?
    What I know so far, there will be an interview at BCIS, then we have to maintain joint bank account, then 2 years later, we'll be interviewed again?
    what is the requirement in terms of proofs (like utility bill, tax filing, etc?)

thanks

You need to read Read READ. This website has excellent info. Look under "immigration info".

This might help get you started if you haven't filed anything yet

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/.../i-485.htm#fba

There is no easy way to explain everything, you have to read and research yourselves like most of us did. Good luck, you're going to need it!
    You need to amass anything that has both your names on for your interview, bills, bank accounts, car / health insurance etc, etc you don't have to have all that stuff (I don't) but everything helps, plus photo's of you two together, with friend s and family whatever.

is yours fake

No nothing is fake, Everything I have is original and all in good working order!

deport illegal aliens

If you have not filed any documents for AOS. Then your spouse must sponsor you by filing I-130 and you should file AOS I-485, EAD I-765 and other papers. You can download complete Marriage Bases AOS set of documents from www.immigration.com Most of these documents are fillable online. You should file all these documents together at your local Immigration Office. You will be issued your EAD in about 2 - 5 months. Interview for GC takes about 9 - 24 months depending on local office.
    Good luck.