free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need Help

Hi
    I came to USA on H1-B visa in July 2001 and got married with a green card holder in and she filed for my GC in September 2001. When i came here I had no project for the next 9 months. my employer did not revoke my H1. I found a project in April 2002 and my employer issued pay checks for next 3 months. then after one month gap I found another project and my employer started to issue pay checks and will continue to pay until the project expires.

My H1-B visa will be expired in Feb 2003. My Employer says he can file for extension of my H1-B if the project will continue till Feb 2003. My question is:

Is there any chance to get extension in H1-B when i am only paid for few months? Is it OK?
    Is there any other process which can help me staying in USA legally?
    Can i still apply for visit visa of Canada?

Looking forward to your positive reply

skas

Hi
    I came to USA on H1-B visa in July 2001 and got married with a green card holder in and she filed for my GC in September 2001. When i came here I had no project for the next 9 months. my employer did not revoke my H1. I found a project in April 2002 and my employer issued pay checks for next 3 months. then after one month gap I found another project and my employer started to issue pay checks and will continue to pay until the project expires.

My H1-B visa will be expired in Feb 2003. My Employer says he can file for extension of my H1-B if the project will continue till Feb 2003. My question is:

Is there any chance to get extension in H1-B when i am only paid for few months? Is it OK?
    Is there any other process which can help me staying in USA legally?
    Can i still apply for visit visa of Canada?

Looking forward to your positive reply

skas

You might be able to do the extension if those paychecks you have are recent ones. I would just ask the company's immigration attorney.

Why are you thinking about Canada? Is your wife going to move with you? She might lose the chance of getting citizenship if she doesn't live and work here.

Ooops... You're just thinking about a visit to Canada. You can visit other countries and come back if you're H1b is valid.

km

Of course my wife is working here and we do not want to move canada but i am thinking to spend 3 years when she will get her citizenship, otherwise how can i stay illegal for 3 years here.

skas