50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: affadavit of support?

hi how long does it take for a affadavit of support and the forms i sent with it to nvc to get approved its been about a month now maybe little longer.if i havent heard from them about mistakes or if they need more information by now does that mean the process is going threw.

hi how long does it take for a affadavit of support and the forms i sent with it to nvc to get approved its been about a month now maybe little longer.if i havent heard from them about mistakes or if they need more information by now does that mean the process is going threw.

You haven't provided enough information for anyone to respond. What type of petition did you file? What service center did you file with? Did you receive a "Notice of Action" from the Service Center? The Affidavit of Support is not normally filed with the petition but given to the fiance (if a K-1 was filed) to take to the Embassy in their own country. It would helpful if you would say more about your situation so others are able to respond. Good luck.

hi it was for my wife shes still outside of the us i filed the affadavit of support papers to the nvc in newhampshire it was for my 1130 immediate realtive petition wich was approved already now i have to wait and see what they say.

Thanks for the additional information. Since it's only been a little over a month you shouldn't be worried. I don't know how long it takes to process this application but it certainly will not be immediate and it will probably depend a lot on what country she is coming from. If you tell us what country there is probably someone who has had a similar experience who will give you more information - just remember each case is different so any information you receive will be an estimate and based on their situation and not yours. Unfortunately, we need to exercise a great deal of patience going through the immigration process. Take care and good luck.