50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: aff.of support

I wonder why one can't file joint aff.of support when married and living with USC spouse.Don't they excuse non authorize work matters?what would happend if one who have worked w/o authorization and have filed proper taxes for the last 3 years bring in his/her income to meet the poverty line?
    what impact on AOS?
    Thanks

I wonder why one can't file joint aff.of support when married and living with USC spouse.Don't they excuse non authorize work matters?what would happend if one who have worked w/o authorization and have filed proper taxes for the last 3 years bring in his/her income to meet the poverty line?
    what impact on AOS?
    Thanks

help please

That has an impact on something such as a hardship waiver, however my understanding of sponsorship, is someone that is responsible for making sure that the applicant does not become a ward of the state in any way.

Meaning that if the applicant cannot find a job, loses a job, becomes sick and unable to work, or amounts huge bills, that there is another person that will help to pick up the bill and maintain the applicant rather than that person going on welfare or other.

However, if the sponsor does not meet the poverty line requirement, a co-cponsor that does meet that requirement can be used. For example, I am a graduate student, my income barely meets the poverty line, but I don't have taxes returns for the last three years... (well for 1999) and even if I did I would not have met the requirements for that year, however, my father was willing to co-sponsor my husband. Therefore, we are both sponsoring him.

From my understanding a co-sponsor can be just about anyone who is willing to be in that position, it does not have to be a relative.

Good Luck!