Dear Stakeholder,

If you live in one of the states listed below, USCIS has changed the filing location for Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence, as of January 14, 2015, from the Vermont Service Center (VSC) to the California Service Center (CSC):

  • Louisiana

  • New Mexico

  • Oklahoma

  • South Carolina

  • Tennessee

  • Texas

How New Petitions Will Be Affected

If you are filing a new petition, please refer to the Form I-751 Landing Page on our website,, for the current filing locations.

  • Vermont Service Center will continue to accept and work all petitions received at their facility until February 16, 2015 for the states listed above.

  • Vermont Service Center will forward petitions received between February 17, 2015 through March 16, 2015 to the California Service Center for processing.

  • Vermont Service Center will begin rejecting petitions for incorrect jurisdiction received on or after March 17, 2015.

How Pending Cases Will Be Affected

The Vermont Service Center will continue to process pending cases that have been received before the filing location changes went into effect for your state of residence. The filing location change will apply only to newly filed petitions.

How to Track the Status of Your Case

You can check the status of your case by entering your receipt number in Case Status Online. You can also sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email.

You can ask us about the status of your new or pending case if you do not receive a decision within the published processing time for the California Service Center to process your Form I-751.

You may submit an inquiry using e-Request or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. For TDD (hearing-impaired) assistance, please call 1-800-767-1833.

If You Receive a Notice

If you have filed Form I-751 and we send you any notice, such as a request for evidence, please read the notice carefully. Make sure you respond to the service center that sent you the notice.

If You Move

If you move while your case is pending, let us know your new address as soon as possible after you move. You can change your address online or call the National Customer Center. It is important that you tell us about any change of address so we can notify you of any action on your case.