50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: lost documents

I applied to change my student status in Aug 99to resident by marrige after i got married in Jan 99
    I now have an almost 4 yr old son by my husband who is disabled(my son).
    My husband left us and stole all of my documnents including my sons birth certif etc, along with pics of me after he beat me up which the neighbour took with her polaroid.
    What do i do now.I have no proof that my situation really exixts and I have not even had an interview with the Ins....I am going throug divorce and going nuts trying to figgure out what to doi.....HELP.

I applied to change my student status in Aug 99to resident by marrige after i got married in Jan 99
    I now have an almost 4 yr old son by my husband who is disabled(my son).
    My husband left us and stole all of my documnents including my sons birth certif etc, along with pics of me after he beat me up which the neighbour took with her polaroid.
    What do i do now.I have no proof that my situation really exixts and I have not even had an interview with the Ins....I am going throug divorce and going nuts trying to figgure out what to doi.....HELP.

I am sorry to read your story, how your husband treated you and what he did to you and your son.
    When he had beaten you and stole your documents and pictures, did you file complaint with the Police. If so, you have a big proof about that. Else in your divorce proceedings, you attorney can ask the court to direct your husband to return all your documents, your son's birth Certificate and picture including any other thing which he took which belonged to you. Then you can move before Immigration as a Battered Woman. You can get a duplicate copy of Marriage Certificate where you got married. You can download Form G-639 Freedom of Information, from this site and send it to the Immigration for copy of your complete file with them which will include I-130 filed by your husband and related documents.
    Good luck and God bless you.