free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Deportation...

Moriturus te salutamus!!! (lat.)
    I came to US in 1996 with a basketball team from Moldova. After one year I lost my legal status. In Aug., 2001 I was apprehended at Niagara Falls and went to court in Buffalo in Nov., 2001. I got 8 month to get a lawyer. Had one who took the money and disappear. Went back to court in July, 2002. The judge gave me another year. He told me I should not pay the lawyers from the list he gave me, but so far I could not get anybody. I would appreciate any advise,( besides the one to pack my laguage and look for adventure in other part of the world ). My personal idea is to apply for political asylum. My mother and all her family suffer severely being under communist goverment. In Moldova now the communist party came back to power about a year and a half ago and I have fear to be prosecuted if returning home. Could this be a case that hold any water? What would be the right way to get a lawyer, or may be I don't need one, if my chances of remaining in US are minute. Can I ask for polyrtical asylum in Canada without going back home. Any links to find a good lawyer that we'll help me to move to Canada? Thanks much for all opinions. Alexander.

Moriturus te salutamus!!! (lat.)
    I came to US in 1996 with a basketball team from Moldova. After one year I lost my legal status. In Aug., 2001 I was apprehended at Niagara Falls and went to court in Buffalo in Nov., 2001. I got 8 month to get a lawyer. Had one who took the money and disappear. Went back to court in July, 2002. The judge gave me another year. He told me I should not pay the lawyers from the list he gave me, but so far I could not get anybody. I would appreciate any advise,( besides the one to pack my laguage and look for adventure in other part of the world ). My personal idea is to apply for political asylum. My mother and all her family suffer severely being under communist goverment. In Moldova now the communist party came back to power about a year and a half ago and I have fear to be prosecuted if returning home. Could this be a case that hold any water? What would be the right way to get a lawyer, or may be I don't need one, if my chances of remaining in US are minute. Can I ask for polyrtical asylum in Canada without going back home. Any links to find a good lawyer that we'll help me to move to Canada? Thanks much for all opinions. Alexander.

ITs aleady late to file PA in USA as you are stayed here over a year and don't leave. there is time limit to file PA. your option is to file in canada has better chance.