publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Foreign National Marriage 30 years ago.. can it be done again?

Foreign National Marriage 30 years ago.. can it be done again?

Hi. first time poster.
    I am a 31 year old illegal alien from Mexico. I have been here since I was 6 years old. Went to school here, graduated HS, no criminal record. My boyfriend, who is 52, is worried that if we were to marry, him having been married to a Korean woman 30 years ago, who he adjusted for would rise a red flag if we apply to get me adjusted after we marry.
    He was in the Air force when he married her and brought her to the US. they have been divorced for 20 years.
    He also worries about our age gap. We are in a sincere relationship. We live together, he works, I do not since my SSN is not valid for work.
    He was honorably discharged from the AF, he worked for the DOD for a while as well. His criminal background is clean as well. Should we have a problem with him marrying and adjusting for two foreign nationals?

Thanks for your help!

I don't think there is any law that says an american citizen can't give a second person a green card. I believe the age differance might be a flag. I truely hope you are sincere no offence. It is just really hard for an older person to get over a broken heart. I know first hand. Please have a heart and be dedicated to staying with him when he is old and you are bored.

I am aware of the age difference being a red flag. I have thought about it long and hard. I love this man. we have been friends for six years prior to me deciding to let my guard down and be with him. I moved from TX to MD to be with him. I understand, because he has told me that at hi s age he is done trying to make a relationship work with a woman who doesnt want to be with him. I am basically his last try at this, and as a woman who has been single for the last 13 years due to my refusal to put up with any man's drama, I understand completely. I in the same turn am only giving this whole love thing once chance at working out because he is everything Ive ever wanted in a man, and he is a wonderful, sweet, caring manly man.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by Hildurr; 12-19-2014 at 07:02 PM.