50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Mohan or Umesh.. Pls. Help. Thanx

I'm out of status for the last 5 years and would like to return back to India. I have few questions.

1) Since I don't have vaild USA visa, most of the european countries require that I must have a transit visa in order to change planes even though I won't be leaving the airport. But the problem is that since I'm out of status none of these european consulates will issue me a transit visa. Does anyone know of a country which doesn't require a transit visa?

2) Will there be problem at the airport when I leave USA? I'll have to leave from JFK (NewYork) and I was told that there are immigration checks at the Airport while leaving. Is that correct?

3) How long will I be barred from reentering USA?

Please give me any other advice or tip that you might think will help me get to INDIA asap.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I'm out of status for the last 5 years and would like to return back to India. I have few questions.

1) Since I don't have vaild USA visa, most of the european countries require that I must have a transit visa in order to change planes even though I won't be leaving the airport. But the problem is that since I'm out of status none of these european consulates will issue me a transit visa. Does anyone know of a country which doesn't require a transit visa?

2) Will there be problem at the airport when I leave USA? I'll have to leave from JFK (NewYork) and I was told that there are immigration checks at the Airport while leaving. Is that correct?

3) How long will I be barred from reentering USA?

Please give me any other advice or tip that you might think will help me get to INDIA asap.

Thanks for the help in advance.

You will not have any problem going back to India. you don,t need any transit visa. you can catch direct flight which stopover in europe, you only need transit visa if you want to go out fron the transit airport.

Mohan is right, you will not have any problem while leaving the U.S. Since you have overstayed your Visa by 5 years, you can be barred for 10 years, unless a waiver is granted to you.

Mohan & Umesh.. thanx for your asnwers.
    I tried to leave on Thursday on Lufthanza but they refused to take me stating that I need a transit VISA. I called the German embassy but they won't issue me a VISA. So I'm stuck here.

I just found out that AirIndia flight which leaves from JFK stops in London for few hours will work for me. Because UK Authorities don't have transit visa requirements, if I don't have to change airports. So that answers my first question.

Now the 2nd question:- To catch this flight I'll have to leave from JFK. I have been told that there are immigration checks at the airport while leaving USA and that might cause problems. Have you heard of immigration checks while leaving USA from JFK?

Once again thanx for the help.

It means Germany you might have stay more then 12 hrs and Airlines want to put you in hotel. There is a new flight Air India from Newark too.
    Catch any other flight , BIMAN/AIRINDIA/BA/Air france/delta/thaiair/Kuwait airways etc. you will be good.
    At the airport ther will be routine security check, and you will not have any problem as you are leaving for good. your crime is over stay, which comes with bar of reentering the US in future.
    Don't worry.

Mohan, thanx for your answers and help. I did little more research and found out that Indian citizens who do not have Green Cards, Vaild US or European union Visas must have transit visa for Germany, France and Holland. Even though they won't leave the airport or pass through the immigration but still they are required to have transit visas. This is how it was explained to me by the German Consulate and It is also described the same way at their website.

UK doesn't require Indian Citizens to have transit visas if they are not leaving the airport. for future refernce. Thanks

I don't know that. Before comint to US I travelled many times on visitor visa To (US) Via france , holland. belgium but never had transit visa. May be its new law.