50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: has anybody actually spoken to a ins officer

i mean every time i call i get a message of not in the office right now.I think they are out to lunch 24-7 where the hell do they hire these people anyway? has anybody spoken to one and got any prompt answers from them.

i mean every time i call i get a message of not in the office right now.I think they are out to lunch 24-7 where the hell do they hire these people anyway? has anybody spoken to one and got any prompt answers from them.

I got a live person once, but instead of getting a direct answer to my question, he said "use your own judgment". I said, "I'd rather use yours" - when that didn't work I asked to be put through to his supervisor. It's very frustrating to get through - can you maybe get the info you want or need on the web site?

when i had a question regarding the photos i had taken for the k1 visa. i went to the local office, waited and spoke to an ins officer.

but much infor is available on the web, what is the question you were wanting an answer to?

I have spoken with several INS officers and they have been, overall, helpful. Some seemed to hate their job, like many government employees, but some actually loved their job! Go figure. I acutally walked in to the INS Service Center in Los Angeles, forget about the 1-800 numbers because you will be waiting a long time if you even get through. They are hired through the Office of Personnel Management, tested, screened, just like any other federal job.

That's what I did, I just went down to the OKC office and they were very nice and helpful.

I tried the number once and never got through. The wait time was like 4 hours. I just said forget it and went to the INS office.