50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: HELP - IMMIGRANT SPONSERS

How would one go about finding out who might sponser an immigrant in the state of Louisiana?? Also, I need info on "expertise fields" of work...what actually qualifies if you have no degree?? What jobs do we have in the USA that an American cant do...this is just really confusing me!! Is immigration from Sweden to USA possible??

How would one go about finding out who might sponser an immigrant in the state of Louisiana?? Also, I need info on "expertise fields" of work...what actually qualifies if you have no degree?? What jobs do we have in the USA that an American cant do...this is just really confusing me!! Is immigration from Sweden to USA possible??

Ummm...here is the whole story:

Hi, my boyfriend and I met online and met in person 1st time August 23 after 2 years of friendship turn love. Now, we want to take the next step! I am a single mom of a daughter in school so I cant relocate til she graduates...3 years. So, we would like my bf to come and live in the US til then and decide whether we would like to marry and/or where to reside at that time. We could get a visa-waiver or 90day visa but isnt allowed to work. He has to work or we would be ok with him being here because of financial and emotional strain. A work visa requires a sponser-I am hearing that after 9-11 terrorists attacks that sponsers are no more. Also, neither us have degrees in any type of study to help us ensure work nor does either us have a special skill that would keep us from taking a citizen's job. So, I have been told this is imposible!!!! I have searched the web for answers but with all the legal jumbo, I cant understand a word I am reading...someone PLEASE HELP!! There has to be a way for him to get here, there just has to be. You can see couples all over the web meeting, falling in love and moving to be with one another...not all can be people rich, degreed, or have a special skill only they can do...im soooo lost and lonely and we just dont know what to do anymore...PLEASE PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not as bad as you think.

It may take a little time though. YOu have a few options:

He could visit you on the visa waiver program from time to time. And then when you decide to get married, you could apply for a fiance visa and get him over here and get married.

He could come over on a visa waiver program, decides not to leave and you could get married right then and there and apply for the paperwork after that. It's may be tough to convince the INS that he didn't plan on getting married when he came in on the visa waiver program.
    Let me tell you straight away: if he plans on getting married and enters on a visa waiver, he's breaking the law.

You guys could save up money, work some OT so when he comes in on a VWP he'll have the money to not work.

It's may not be as fast as you would like it or the perfect solution you had in mind but there is a solution.

One thing tho, last night I went searching the net for maybe a way to find out if there is some kind of list of big companies that may sponser peeps. I mean...how do I go about inquiring about sponsership from anywhere??? Or for that matter ---what jobs a Swedish immigrant may be specially able to perform...is there some way to seek this information??? Thanks again...

Still looking for info on USA sposers or maybe even "intern" jobs available...thanks

Amber_Kay, unfortunately the H1B (work visa) requires at least a college degree, and the work has to be directly related to your field of study. So I guess your best bet would be to get married..