publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: ah,i have a question about japanese immigrants...

allright,first off..im not sure if this is the place to talk about this or anything..but i can't find anywhere else to....

and if someone can find a better place for me to post this,that would be fine.

allright well..lemme start.
    I have a Japanese Boyfriend,age 18,who's not an american. and is staying in baltimore maryland right now.
    who's been sexually and pysically Abused by his father since he was 8.
    for about a year now,he's gotten away from his dad,and lives with some family friends.
    but now his dad found him and wants to take him back to japan,right now they'er staying in an apartment....for how long,i don't know.

When the people who he was staying with called the police,the police said they could'nt do anything about it,cause he's not a US Citisen.
    is it true? nothing can be done about it??

his dad is always beating him,he's got him trained like a dog,to obey his every command. its sad. its really sad,and i don't know what to do.
    im so afraid for him,ive been doing research on this for awile,but i havint really found anything that can help.....
    another thing,in japan,what age is someone considered an adult?

so if someone can help,i'll be very thankful.
    thats all i guess,i'll be waiting for anyones re

allright,first off..im not sure if this is the place to talk about this or anything..but i can't find anywhere else to....

and if someone can find a better place for me to post this,that would be fine.

allright well..lemme start.
    I have a Japanese Boyfriend,age 18,who's not an american. and is staying in baltimore maryland right now.
    who's been sexually and pysically Abused by his father since he was 8.
    for about a year now,he's gotten away from his dad,and lives with some family friends.
    but now his dad found him and wants to take him back to japan,right now they'er staying in an apartment....for how long,i don't know.

When the people who he was staying with called the police,the police said they could'nt do anything about it,cause he's not a US Citisen.
    is it true? nothing can be done about it??

his dad is always beating him,he's got him trained like a dog,to obey his every command. its sad. its really sad,and i don't know what to do.
    im so afraid for him,ive been doing research on this for awile,but i havint really found anything that can help.....
    another thing,in japan,what age is someone considered an adult?

so if someone can help,i'll be very thankful.
    thats all i guess,i'll be waiting for anyones re

When you call the police one of the questions is not "are you a USC? If not, we can't do anything"

Someone somewhere is not telling you the truth. First of, is your boyfriend here legally? He's over 18, he's an adult, his dad can't just come and take him.
    I'm not sure about what age is considered an adult in Japan, I'm pretty sure it's 18 though, that seems to be the standard

Im not sure exaclly what they asked the police when they called up,and they called more then one police station and got the same thing.

And yeah,he is here Legally....but i thought the age japanese are considered adults was 20.
    When i go around the net about it,it says age 20.

so if he's not 'considered' an adult in japan,does it mean anything in america?

DiaGina, the police must help everyone, not just USCs. The police have had, and continue to have, trouble getting immigrants and non-USCs to get police help, because they are afraid of deportation. The police will help anyone who calls. It's the media and policymakers who make the situation look anti-immigrant. Your friend is here legally. He should press charges against his father, or get a restraining order. Please pursue this. As a legal resident your friend has rights that the police will defend. Best of luck.

ahh ok,i just found out,my boyfriend isint an immagrant..he's just "visiting" for along time.
    can the police still help?

Again, the police isn't going to help only those that are here legally or USC. If you are in trouble, you call 911 they'll come, they don't ask you wether or not you are a USC or here legally.

But if you guys need investigations and stuff like that, the best thing for him would be to become legal asap. If you guys are really going to fight his dad and get a lot of people involved, he is definatly going to want to be legal.