50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-129F now in last stages <---help

I cant get a hold of my immigration atty. My fiance rec'd papers from Napoli ( Naples) Italy telling him what he had to do, now I am readying them, but my fiance can't read English. What forms would they have sent him? I need to download them, fill them out, and send them to him ( I am assuming once we do this we will be granted an interview)
    Anyone have experience with immigration from Italy ( but not Italian citizen) ???
    I am a USC.
    Thanks!

I cant get a hold of my immigration atty. My fiance rec'd papers from Napoli ( Naples) Italy telling him what he had to do, now I am readying them, but my fiance can't read English. What forms would they have sent him? I need to download them, fill them out, and send them to him ( I am assuming once we do this we will be granted an interview)
    Anyone have experience with immigration from Italy ( but not Italian citizen) ???
    I am a USC.
    Thanks!

Exactly what type of paperwork the fiance gets sent will vary depending on the Consulate, but the first packet to arrive will most likely contain the following:

* DS-2001 (or OF-169 or UK/85) -- This is your main set of instructions. It is also a checklist of items required for the interview.
    * OF-167 -- information sheet about financial responsibility. You may also receive an I-134 Affidavit of Support form.
    * DS-156K -- Nonimmigrant fiance(e) visa application
    * DS-230 or OF-230 Part 1 -- biographical data sheet.
    * DS-156 -- Nonimmigrant visa application form
    * DSL-1083 -- An information sheet about police certificates, military records and more.
    * DS-157 -- Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application (for all males between ages of 16 and 45)
    * You may, at this time, receive medical exam information, and a list of required immunizations.
    * In December, 2001, the State Department announced a change in the name of Packets 3 and 4, which were the instructions, forms and appointment information. They are now refered to as "Instruction Package" and "Appointment Package". Some of the forms are renamed slightly as well, so if the exact form numbers are different, just follow the instructions.
    * Sometimes, the Consulate may forget to send extra copies of these application forms for the children for whom a K2 visa is intended. If so, contact the Consulate to obtain the forms.
    Lost, first, how do you and you're fiancee communicate if he doesn't speak english? I am only asking because this may be a weak spot for you two during the interview. In any event, if you go to the Dept of State website, http://travel.state.gov/visa_services.html
    you will be able to download many of these forms. You may also contact the consulate in Naples by email
    http://www.usembassy.it/naples/
    to request forms or, have your fiancee scan the documents and send them to you via email.
    Please share any info you obtain as I too am going through the same process. Good Luck!!

Toria