50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Illegal Alien

I came here in US for 16 years now, never committed any crime here. I'm married to USC for 15 years with 4 kids but still illegal because I came with fictitious name.We applied for my papers in 1988, got approved, had AOS interview but he gave me I-601 to fill out. Never did I go back to INS because we were afraid they might deport me. My question, is it abandonment of my application or is it just pending? Can I just abandon it and re-apply again? What do you think is the best way. I consulted a lawyer, he advised to get the FOIA.
    Is there anybody here who has the same problem ?

I came here in US for 16 years now, never committed any crime here. I'm married to USC for 15 years with 4 kids but still illegal because I came with fictitious name.We applied for my papers in 1988, got approved, had AOS interview but he gave me I-601 to fill out. Never did I go back to INS because we were afraid they might deport me. My question, is it abandonment of my application or is it just pending? Can I just abandon it and re-apply again? What do you think is the best way. I consulted a lawyer, he advised to get the FOIA.
    Is there anybody here who has the same problem ?

i do not know all of the legal terms to the paper work and all, but i am a USC and my fiance is an illegal alien. Is there any way, at all what so ever to get him citizenship status. He has been here since 1997. We have a business. I love him too much to lose him to some stupid law or regulation. He has never been convicted or even accused of any crimes. The major things on his record is either a speeding or a parking ticket. He is really a very good individual, better than most americans i have come across. With the itin number that was given to him, he has been able to obtain credit and purhase very expensive vehicles, or homes etc.etc. i am just desperate and i know you had to have gone through the same thing, when you first started out with the filing process, and all the mumbo jumbo. I really need answers to my questions. Right now i fell helpless. your info is much appreciated