free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: canadain marrying a US citizen

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can offer me any advice, I am canadain and my boyfriend is american we want to marry and wondering which is the best route to take. I have read tons of web pages on immigration and finding theirs so much conflicting infomation. What happens if we marry in the US then go ahead with our paper work? will I have to go back to Canada while this is going thru the system or is it faster to petion to bring me in as his fiancee, do we have to be separated also. I have been traveling back ond forth on a 3 month visa. What is my fastest and better option.
    I really appricate any help, I'll be heart broken if we have to be apart for a year!!!
    PLEASE any advice....

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can offer me any advice, I am canadain and my boyfriend is american we want to marry and wondering which is the best route to take. I have read tons of web pages on immigration and finding theirs so much conflicting infomation. What happens if we marry in the US then go ahead with our paper work? will I have to go back to Canada while this is going thru the system or is it faster to petion to bring me in as his fiancee, do we have to be separated also. I have been traveling back ond forth on a 3 month visa. What is my fastest and better option.
    I really appricate any help, I'll be heart broken if we have to be apart for a year!!!
    PLEASE any advice....

Best for you is to come to the United States and make sure your passport is stamped at the time of entry. I know, when you travel by plane they always stamp your passport. Do not tell the INS your intention to get married. Just say you are coming on vacation. Get married here and file for your AOS. Then you did not have to separate from your husband and you can stay with him here.
    Good luck.

Well Sammy my fiance lives in BC and we did it thru the I-129F Fiancee visa. I read everything myself and that appeared to be the fastest and most efficient way to go. We sent in our petition on 8/27/02 were approved on 10/30/02 then in the end of november we received his consulate packet at which time if you work real hard to have all the paperwork put together you can fax the consulate and get an apt real quick and get your visa to cross the border. We waited and my fiance has his interview for his visa next Wednesday. Then he can come down anytime with in the next 6 months. Then after that you have to get married within 90 days and then file for Adjustment of status. It can all be a daunting task. If you would like to ask questions of the other couples I am involved with we will be more than glad to give you alot more information We have a Web page for Canadian Fiances on ICQ. http://web.icq.com/groups/group_details?gid=11986342 If you want to talk to us and get an ICQ number or have one go in and ask to join and then I can let you on. It is a private site to prevent people from coming on to disturb us with unrelevent issues. The other two couples are now together in the US and one just got married. We sure have alot of fun sharing our info.

Here's a new one for you all, have any of you crossed the border at night and the border guard did'nt even look at the passenger in the car?? This happened to me a few months ago. My boyfriend picked me up in canada and we went acorss the border late at night asked him his citizenship he said USA and said have a great night, we were so shocked! is this normal? if so how long can I stay, noone knows I'm here or when I crossed!!! Any imput will be much appricated...