free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family based immigration F2-B versus F4

My sister has been naturalized and is going to sponsor me on F4 (limited family based). Priority dates are currently dating back to 1994. I'm suggesting my sister to sponsor our mother as well, since she would fall under the immediate relative category (unlimited family based). Then once she becomes a permanent resident, she could sponsor me under the preference category F2-B (limited family based).

Does somebody has any experience how long our moms immigration visa would take? And if she possible would face any problems (she is 69 years old, healthy and wealthy, retired, German citizen).

My sister has been naturalized and is going to sponsor me on F4 (limited family based). Priority dates are currently dating back to 1994. I'm suggesting my sister to sponsor our mother as well, since she would fall under the immediate relative category (unlimited family based). Then once she becomes a permanent resident, she could sponsor me under the preference category F2-B (limited family based).

Does somebody has any experience how long our moms immigration visa would take? And if she possible would face any problems (she is 69 years old, healthy and wealthy, retired, German citizen).

Even if it goes rather quickly with mom, it's still going to take a long time after for mom to sponsor you, Beate! :-(

lets see if anybody has any experiences or advise to post!

soweit ich weiss, dauert all das sehr lange wie mir viele Freunde schon berichtet haben. Viel Glueck!

please! What are the usual waiting times for such visas, for alien parent of a USC and child of LPR?

do you know? would you kindly share your intake?

goes quick no problem just a few months!

the above answer is not from me. someone who like this name very much wrote it as mohan.
    get real.

english translation of beate's post = as far as I know, all that lasts for a very long time like me many friends already reported. Much luck!

My answer;

it will taka a year or so to get your mother to immigrate, then another four to five years for her to get citizenship. then she will be able to sponsor you and others. in the meantime she have to meet the poverty line to sponsor you, or to have joint sponsor to meet poverty line.
    only benifit is you might get clear faster then sister sponsoring you. because priority date has to be current to get immigration visa.

Thanks for the input Mohan, gut translation! I didn't know you knew German!