50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: removal of conditions on G.C.

WHEN DO WE NEED TO APPLY? I HAVE HEARD DIFFERENT TIMES.I WAS TOLD NOT TOO EARLY OR THEY WILL SEND BACK? IS IT TRUE? WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR EXPERIENCE? AND CAN YOU PLS ADVISE TO WHAT WE WILL NEED TO GATHER TO HELP THIS PROCESS?

WHEN DO WE NEED TO APPLY? I HAVE HEARD DIFFERENT TIMES.I WAS TOLD NOT TOO EARLY OR THEY WILL SEND BACK? IS IT TRUE? WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR EXPERIENCE? AND CAN YOU PLS ADVISE TO WHAT WE WILL NEED TO GATHER TO HELP THIS PROCESS?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joy01:
    WHEN DO WE NEED TO APPLY? I HAVE HEARD DIFFERENT TIMES.I WAS TOLD NOT TOO EARLY OR THEY WILL SEND BACK? IS IT TRUE? WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR EXPERIENCE? AND CAN YOU PLS ADVISE TO WHAT WE WILL NEED TO GATHER TO HELP THIS PROCESS? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HUH???? How Do You Expect Intelligent Educated Answers With The Very Little You Have Provided????

You Gotta Divulge Thee Entire Story!!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

MY GC WILL EXPIRE IN 6 MONTHS.I HAVE HEARD IF I SEND IN EARLIER THAN 90 DAYS THEY WILL SEND OUR PAPERWORK BACK.WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR EXPERIANCE IN THIS?HOW LONG DOES THIS PROCESS USUALLY TAKE OF REMOVAL OF CONDTIONS?

Hi Joy, and welcome to ILW

* You and your spouse must apply together to remove the conditions on your residence. You should apply during the 90 days before your second anniversary as a conditional resident. The expiration date on your alien registration card (commonly know as green card) is also the date of your second anniversary as a conditional resident. If you do not apply to remove the conditions in time, you could lose your conditional resident status and be removed from the country.

* If you are no longer married to your spouse, or if you have been battered or abused by your spouse, you can apply to waive the joint filing requirement. In such cases, you may apply to remove the conditions on your permanent residence any time after you become a conditional resident, but before you are removed from the country.

* If your child received conditional resident status within 90 days of when you did, then your child may be included in your application to remove the conditions on permanent residence. Your child must file a separate application if your child received conditional resident status more than 90 days after you did.

USCIS source

Form I-751 and instructions

A good site with useful information about what to get together for evidence etc:

Visajourney - step by step guide on removing of conditions
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sprint_girl07 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thank you for you replay i still got 6 months before the expiration date . Thanx

Hi joy01,

You may also want to check mp2006's post - she listed there specific documents she submitted:

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/for.../902603441/m/5731089
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

What part of 90 days on the instructions don't you understand?