50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Two Questions...

One about EAD; I am sending a proof of my identity, a sample of my birth certificate. On the RFE letter, it says send a COLOR photocopy of it, so the picture would show the facial features. It is not a big deal, I can scan it here at home and print it out just like the real thing, my question is, should I authenticate it from the notary since it is a copy?

Second question is about a document they gave from INS, it was called "Authorization To Release Information", I filled it out and sent it to my attorney who prepared the AOS package, but after the AOS was filed, I didn't see this document in the AOS package. Neither the judge or INS attorney mentioned about it, so whatever happened to this document? I am trying to figure out if my attorney made a mistake not including that in the AOS package...

One about EAD; I am sending a proof of my identity, a sample of my birth certificate. On the RFE letter, it says send a COLOR photocopy of it, so the picture would show the facial features. It is not a big deal, I can scan it here at home and print it out just like the real thing, my question is, should I authenticate it from the notary since it is a copy?

Second question is about a document they gave from INS, it was called "Authorization To Release Information", I filled it out and sent it to my attorney who prepared the AOS package, but after the AOS was filed, I didn't see this document in the AOS package. Neither the judge or INS attorney mentioned about it, so whatever happened to this document? I am trying to figure out if my attorney made a mistake not including that in the AOS package...
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

The BCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
    At the discretion of the officer, original documents may still be required in individual cases. Please be advised that the BCIS no longer returns original documents submitted with the exception of Certificates of Naturalization, Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Card, Forms I-94, Arrival/Departure Document, valid passports, or those specifically requested by the officer. Such documents will be returned when they are no longer needed.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...al/index.htm#H

When we went to Special Reg, I had our original documents photocopied by the lady at city hall. She then notorized them, as she actually did the photocopying.

I read too many posts of INS confiscating original documents. I had the originals in my possession at Spec Reg. INS officer kept asking for the original docs, hubby told them his wife has them out in the waiting room. They never came to me for the originals.

More on documentation:
    http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/howdoi/hdiorig.htm

RE: Question Two

I would think if they need a new release, they would request it. Anyone have a better answer to this question?

Well, I should just make the color copies and send it that way, right?
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Sammy? Umesh? Mohan? Anyone?