Comment: Tracking Your Wait

Visa Bulletin from the State Department and Border Wait Times from CBP are among the various government times you can find from our Processing Times page. Of course, you can also get the latest Priority Dates, and both Service Center and District Office Processing Times. We are pleased to announce that our Processing Times Page has been updated to include the USCIS National Processing Volumes and Trends. In addition to national trends for all forms, trends for the following forms are available: I-90, I-102, I-129 F, I-129, I-130 Imm Rel., I-130 Pref., I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-526, I-539, I-600, I-751, I-765, I-817, I-821, I-824, I-829, I-914, I-918, N-400 Military, N-400 Non-Military, and N-600. Bookmark this useful page and have the information available at your fingertips!

ILW Green Card Survey Tracker provides a unique way to estimate the availability date for green card applications. Unlike other estimation methods, which rely on mechanical or mathematical calculations, this tracker tabulates predictions from immigrants and immigration professionals concerning availability dates for various categories of green card applications.

Give it a try and share your thoughts by writing to editor@ilw.com

Article: Supreme Court Considers Restrictive Interpretation of Child Status Protection Act by Mary Kenney

Article: E-Verify's SSN Drag Net - Has DHS/USCIS Crossed a Bridge Too Far? by Anthony Weigel

Article: USCIS Eases Removal of Certain Immediate Family Members of U.S. Citizens by Sheela Murthy et al.

Blogging: TRAC Reports that Fewer and Fewer Criminals are Being Deported by Matt Kolken

Blogging: Does Immigration Reform Have a Chance in 2014? By Roger Algase

News: CRS Report no State Efforts to Deter Unauthorized Aliens: Legal Analysis of Arizona's S.B. 1070

Focus: The Physician Immigration Book - Price Reduced

ILW.COM is pleased to announce The Physician Immigration Book edited by Robert Aronson. Contributors are: Mary Amundson, Robert Aronson, Lisa Atkins, Therese Bart, Janice Bianco, Ingrid Brey, Brian Bruner, Elise Bruner, Jacqueline Bucar, Lisa Claypool, Kristi Crawford, Karen Dean, Alex Dgebuadze, Robert Divine, Goldie Domingue, Maria Fritzinger Elias, Eleanor Fitzpatrick, Roberta Freedman, Kristen Harris, Wendy Hess, Dayna Kelly, Khorzad Mehta, Jennifer Minear, Bruce Morrison, George Newman, Elizabeth Neuwirth, Ana Pottratz Acosta, Karen Pollins, Jennell Prentice, Elizabeth Quinn, Michelle Scimecca, Suzanne Seltzer, Carl Shusterman, Greg Siskind, Rita Sostrin, Tim Skinner, Sarah Peterson Strensrud, Margaret Stock, Hamel Vyas, Tracy Wallowicz, David Ware, Nathan Waxman, Andrew Wizner and Robert Whitehill

The book outline is as follows:

• Introduction

• The Physician Workforce And Healthcare Realities

• The J-1 Exchange Visitor Program: Views From The Inside And The Outside

• Starting The Immigration Process: The Art Of The Client Intake Process

• J-1 Waiver Strategy And Practice For Physicians

• H-1B Temporary Worker Considerations And Strategy For Physicians

• Assessing All Possibilities: Other Nonimmigrant Visa Options For Physicians

• Long Term Options: Permanent Residence And Naturalization

• Compliance Considerations

• Designing A Better Mousetrap: Some Thoughts On Legislative Reform

For more info on The Physician Immigration Book and to order:

Online: Click Here

By Fax: Click Here

Headline: Politico: NJ Senators Menendez, Booker plan 24 hour fast for immigration reform Click Here

Headline: Let's Call The Democrats' Bluff On Immigration Click Here

Headline: Joe Biden Makes Big Promises On Immigration Reform Click Here

Headline: 10 Reasons All Workers Benefit from Fixing the Immigration System Click Here

Headline: Immigration error: high court rules in favour of detained Sri Lankan woman Click Here

Headline: Boehner Must End the Doublespeak on Immigration Click here

Headline: One last immigration reform push before Congress leaves town Click here

Headline: Emanuel to fast for 24 hours in support of immigration reform Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney

Washington, DC - Dynamic boutique nationally-recognized immigration law firm seeks highly motivated and detail-oriented attorney. Ideal candidate will have 2+ years in immigration litigation, asylum, and complex employment-based immigration. Collegial, small firm environment; exciting, diverse client base. No billable hours requirements, salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Spanish and/or Chinese language abilities preferred. Please send resumes and references to paulhaar@paulhaarlaw.com.

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week:

ComingsNGoings: Partnership Promotions

Berry Appleman & Leiden, LLP is pleased to announce the promotion of Rob Caballero from senior associate to partner. In addition, the firm has promoted two partners, Frieda Garcia and Carla Tarazi, to shareholder. Berry Appleman & Leiden, LLP was established in 1980 as a U.S. immigration law firm and now provides comprehensive immigration services from offices in Austin, Dallas, Geneva, Houston, London, McLean, Rio de Janiero, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, and Washington, D.C.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2013 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.

Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X

Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken,
Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong