50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Married and need help

I was approved for a K1 visa but when we went to Juarez to recieve it the consulate denied us they said we didn't have enough in common I guess because I am white and she is mexican.But now she has come over illigal and we got married and now we need to get her papers.I still have the approval notice from INS.What can we do?

I was approved for a K1 visa but when we went to Juarez to recieve it the consulate denied us they said we didn't have enough in common I guess because I am white and she is mexican.But now she has come over illigal and we got married and now we need to get her papers.I still have the approval notice from INS.What can we do?

Hi,
    For what I have read, you should have not done it. She cannot adjust status as she provably arrived in the US uninspected. If you do file, should could be subject to deportation, wait for the 245i to come back. Sorry.

Call a couple of lawyers - they usually will give you a free consultation over the phone... By spending an hour calling two or three - you will have a real good idea on what to do...

This advice holds true for most questions... It is surprising how much info you can get out of a few phone calls (and your wallet stays in your pocket). Then decide what to do...

ARQU

well, if she has not been here more than 180 days, at least she is not barred from benefitting from a family (or other) petition-- yet. However, she will *not* be able to adjust in this country-- she will need to go back to CJ to get her visa. Make sure she leaves before she accrues more than 6 months out of status, and think carefully how you are going to handle your case. You have not put yourself in a better position by her arriving illegally. Also- you cannot use the fiance approval.