publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Please SHARE you INTERVIEW Experience!! Ours is comming SOON!!

Hello All,

My wife and I recently got married and are waiting for our documents but getting a BIT nervous about INS interview since I am not a US citizen. If you have got your GC or been to the INS interview, PLEASE share your experiences as what did they ask, what did you show, how long did it take etc. etc.

Any and all info. is much appreciate.

Thank you and God Bless all!!

Hello All,

My wife and I recently got married and are waiting for our documents but getting a BIT nervous about INS interview since I am not a US citizen. If you have got your GC or been to the INS interview, PLEASE share your experiences as what did they ask, what did you show, how long did it take etc. etc.

Any and all info. is much appreciate.

Thank you and God Bless all!!

Go to www.immigrationlinks.com in the "immigration hints and tips section at the right of your screen you have a sample of "interview question" it's very useful!
    Good luck to you!

Thanks for the site.I have been to these sites before but was seeking some "personal Interview experiences" if anyone has had.

once again thank you all.

My interview experience was not bad at all (other than the crowds at the INS office). We were called into the interviewer's office where he scanned through our documents that we had submitted. The ONLY question that we were asked was if we were who we said we were and if we were legally married. That is it... He scanned over the papers and then asked us to wait outside. An hour later we were called back up to get the appropriate stamp in my Passport.

If you are doing things legally (and you have a legitimate marriage), then the best advice I can give is to just RELAX! The interview is not an 'interrogation', it is just an opportunity for them to clarify any questions that they have. Be honest with your answers; if you don't understand the questions, ask for clarification. Just be yourself and show some respect and you will be fine...

Another word of advice that I have heard from others is to be sure that you are both wearing your wedding rings. A few people have complained that they had a hard time because they don't wear rings in their culture and the interviewer thought it was suspicious.

Take a copy of ALL the information you provided in your application as well as any additional stuff you have accumulated with you to your interview. Make sure you have your passports, the correct fees, and to be safe - a copy of your entire INS 'files'.

GOOD LUCK - And trust me - unless you are in a grey area of eligibility, everything will be just fine!

Thank you for sharing your experience Arqu. Me and my husband are preparing ourselves for our interview too and are a little nervous but your reply feels reassuring. Good luck with your interview CurnHusk!

Thanks for all the info. thus far. What type of documents did you have to show to the guy interviewing you? I mean what type of documents related to marriage etc? How long did it take you to get the interview from the times u filed?

Thanks again.

Hi.

Has anyone reading this done an interview in a country other than the USA?

(for I-129F and/or hardship waiver)?