50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Removal after fingerprinting

I am spouse of USC.I applied for AOS on Aug, 03 and have fingerprinting on Sep'03. But on Nov'03, INS alleged me of get F-1 through fraud because I didn't attend school and I have been put on removal proceeding. I have been advised to seek for relief from judge by use AOS as spouse of USC. I have some questions to asked below:
    1.If I applied for AOS before they put me on removal, do INS still process my I-485/I-130 application after I was put on removal? Or INS will not call review my I-485/I-130 anymore?
    2. Can I use "extreme hardship" of my husband to get waiver for I-601? I am here less than 3 years, I don't know if extremae hardship od USC can use on people who stay in US less than 10 years?
    3. I never have any criminal record and my marriage is happen the second year I went here.The only mistake I make is not attend school, can the judge consider my case and let me can seek relief or waive? what can I do to my IJ grant me relief on AOS or waiver?
    4. How many success rate for me to win this case in your view? thanx for helping me.

I am spouse of USC.I applied for AOS on Aug, 03 and have fingerprinting on Sep'03. But on Nov'03, INS alleged me of get F-1 through fraud because I didn't attend school and I have been put on removal proceeding. I have been advised to seek for relief from judge by use AOS as spouse of USC. I have some questions to asked below:
    1.If I applied for AOS before they put me on removal, do INS still process my I-485/I-130 application after I was put on removal? Or INS will not call review my I-485/I-130 anymore?
    2. Can I use "extreme hardship" of my husband to get waiver for I-601? I am here less than 3 years, I don't know if extremae hardship od USC can use on people who stay in US less than 10 years?
    3. I never have any criminal record and my marriage is happen the second year I went here.The only mistake I make is not attend school, can the judge consider my case and let me can seek relief or waive? what can I do to my IJ grant me relief on AOS or waiver?
    4. How many success rate for me to win this case in your view? thanx for helping me.

First, I do not believe the extreme hardship applies to the USC, only to the alien...and this wiavr is used when an alien would suffer political or possible social hardships if asked to leave the USA. Hardship for example would not be granted, just bcxz alien would "miss" her husband, or may not be able to find a job in the home country. Hardship is for aliens whose lives may be jeopardized, subject to political problems or even worse, say in a war-torn country for example.

Now as far as the I-130 is concerned, please check Sammy's post on this thread. It may give you an idea of what the IJ may do while you are in deportation proceedings:
    http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...1&m=2256085094