Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: driving licence

Hej guys!
    I hope you will help me. You know how difficult it is here to get a driving licence. I have to walk all the time and a bus drives just once an hour. Could you tell me if for example if I had a car registered for my boss and his company I can use my international driving licence translated by brooklyn agency. it would be in English, but Motor vehicle says something abouth driving permit? What is it? it a lincence itself?

Hej guys!
    I hope you will help me. You know how difficult it is here to get a driving licence. I have to walk all the time and a bus drives just once an hour. Could you tell me if for example if I had a car registered for my boss and his company I can use my international driving licence translated by brooklyn agency. it would be in English, but Motor vehicle says something abouth driving permit? What is it? it a lincence itself?

Let me add that this is in NJ

Does anyone kow the anser for my question?

As I know here in California with your 1-94 and later go to the SS for a letter that they can give a SSnumber return to the DMV you can get a driver licence..... but every state had different regulations..

I live in Brooklyn myself, and I know for sure that you can not drive in New York with international drivers license.

What about the NJ state and cosequences I can have driving on IDL

In the state of Texas all you have to do is sign a waiver saying that you dont have a SS # adn thats it. you do have to take the exam (driven, visual, an written) but that is it.. If I were you I would call your local office there and ask them.

I used to live in NJ, oh boy they are very strict. My only doumentation from INS was my approved I-130 but they won't accept that unless you have EAD. I wasn't able to get my DL in the state of NJ. Sorry...

So what if for example I am a visitor and i want to use my international dl, what can they do to me?