50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 3 months??

Is it possible to come to the U.S on the visa waiver program, leave just before the 90 days is up then come back two weeks later for another 90 days??? I'm waiting for I140 through consular processing but want to be with family while I wait??

Is it possible to come to the U.S on the visa waiver program, leave just before the 90 days is up then come back two weeks later for another 90 days??? I'm waiting for I140 through consular processing but want to be with family while I wait??

You could leave the US but YOU MUST RETURN TO YOUR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN to comeback and GET ANOTHER 90 days!
    If you go to another country not only will be having a lot of problems to get admitted again but also if you do get admitted they will ask you specifically how long you plan to stay and they will give you only that time and not the only 90 days, and if you say that you want to stay for 90 days will get you in trouble since you have just stayed for 90 days.

Get my point?

Now the 2 weeks gap will be suspicious for the BCIS Inspector at the airport if he notices it,(most likely he will) so you better have some sort of good excuse. Since VISA WAIVER is for traveling for tourists and business purposes I would go for the second one stating that you plan to open a franchise or you came to see stuff to open up a business something like that.

You would be better off leaving your return to the US for a month or so. I was completely naive about immigration rules and regulations when I first came to the US on a 90 day visa waiver to visit my girlfriend at the time and to do some traveling around the country. After only a week, I had to return home to my country due to a family crisis. I decided to return 10 days later to continue my vacation and I had a nightmare with the then INS officer at the airport. The second she saw my previous stamp in my passport that showed that I had left the US only 10 days earlier, she put me thru 10 minutes of hell in front of everybody at the airport.........I have never known someone to reel off so many questions so quickly........she basically was looking for any excuse to send me back. No one ever told me that this sort of behavior was treated as suspicious by the BCIS...also I thought that as long as you returned to your country before the 90 days expired, then I could come and go as I pleased.........so you can imagine that this perception was completely shattered by my experience at the airport.

So please do yourself a favor and don't come back to the US so soon after leaving.........however if you have dual nationality, I suppose you could use your other passport.
    Come to think of it,does anyone know this.if you leave the US on one passport and come back the next day on another would the BCIS notice?