50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: No case number

Is there anybody can help me out of this? I applied extension for my mother. The check has been cashed, but there was no case number on the cashed check and of course I have not received the receipt. Now what can I do? If no response from INS, can my mother still stay in USA for another half year?

Thanks in advance

Is there anybody can help me out of this? I applied extension for my mother. The check has been cashed, but there was no case number on the cashed check and of course I have not received the receipt. Now what can I do? If no response from INS, can my mother still stay in USA for another half year?

Thanks in advance

Is there anybody can help me out? By the way, when I said "without response from INS, can my mother still stay for another half years?" I meant if it is legal stay. I know if I received receipt, my mother could stay another half year even if no final decision has been made during this period. But I don't know if it will be same case if I have a cashed check but no case number.

Usually, the INS takes about a month to respond and if the paper work is not complete, then they may ask for some other information and they will give you atleast 30 days time to respond. After that if they did not approve then the person should leave the country asap and keep all the record with him/her. If ever the person wants to come back to the U.S. and there is some problem then those documents can be shown to the INS officer. I hope, you had applied for extension before expiry date on the I-94.
    Good luck.

Thank you, Umesh Passi.

Right now, my mother's I94 is still valid. I just feel uncomfortable why there is no case number on the cashed check. Usually INS will stamp case number on the cashed check. I really hope my mother can stay longer because it is not easy for her to fly a long time at her age. But both of us has no wish to break the law.