50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: EAD confusion???

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my current situation.... My application for AOS was filed on 9/15/03 by an attorney out in LA...they did my H-1 last year and I received it within 30days (amazingly). In 2001 I had applied for an EAD and got that with in 30 days aswell...
    I lost my job 04/04/03 while on H-1 and have been out of work but since then have gotten married to a US citizen...Now I have an amazing opportunity with a company for work....
    I'm sitting here patiently waiting for my receipt but have been hearing horror stories that processing is taking like 90+ days....the attorney assured me that it has been taking an average of 45 days at the Miami BCIS office....My receipt date was OCT 22nd but says that my EAD and AOS is being processed in Missouri??? The attorney said that it had been transfered there from Miami...now I'm really confused...I got my finger printing done and so the wait continues...
    Does anyone have any idea on how long the process is taking? The process dates on the INS site says September but jumped back to April 02... Id like to give the prospective employer a better idea because they have been soooo patient with me.... THANKS!
    I'd appreciate any help... Thanks

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my current situation.... My application for AOS was filed on 9/15/03 by an attorney out in LA...they did my H-1 last year and I received it within 30days (amazingly). In 2001 I had applied for an EAD and got that with in 30 days aswell...
    I lost my job 04/04/03 while on H-1 and have been out of work but since then have gotten married to a US citizen...Now I have an amazing opportunity with a company for work....
    I'm sitting here patiently waiting for my receipt but have been hearing horror stories that processing is taking like 90+ days....the attorney assured me that it has been taking an average of 45 days at the Miami BCIS office....My receipt date was OCT 22nd but says that my EAD and AOS is being processed in Missouri??? The attorney said that it had been transfered there from Miami...now I'm really confused...I got my finger printing done and so the wait continues...
    Does anyone have any idea on how long the process is taking? The process dates on the INS site says September but jumped back to April 02... Id like to give the prospective employer a better idea because they have been soooo patient with me.... THANKS!
    I'd appreciate any help... Thanks

As long as everything filed and it seems like you have taken care of all corners, your employer should be alright with it. If you have a receipt or bank statement indicating payment to INS you are fine, you can show that to your employer telling them that the files have been transferred and this is why the wait is taken more than usual. With INS as you have dealt and know by now they work on their own zone. As long as everything is filed you are doing absolutely nothing illegal.
    Do not feel bad if your employer is being patient. There is nothing to feel bad. Everything has been filed. AS a matter of fact if they want they can also help you by writing a letter to them stating that you need your EAD. So there ask for their help in obtaining your EAD.