free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Country Without A Soul

The hypocrisy in this Country is just stunning!I find it deceptive that a Country that pretends to uphold morality and family virtues can have laws that make Green card holders who marry outside the American citizen/legal immigrant circle wait for three to five years before they are united!

If that is not a cruel and immoral law i honestly don't know what is! I won the Visa diversity lottery visa and i filed an I-130 two years ago.I am still waiting to be united with my wife of two years. If someone with H1B visa can bring his or her spouse why on earth should a Green card holder not have that luxury? After all most H1B applicants end up been green card holders.

After living here for some years and and experiencing this cruel immigration policy, it is no surprise that is a decadent and decaying society where family counts for nothing.

The hypocrisy in this Country is just stunning!I find it deceptive that a Country that pretends to uphold morality and family virtues can have laws that make Green card holders who marry outside the American citizen/legal immigrant circle wait for three to five years before they are united!

If that is not a cruel and immoral law i honestly don't know what is! I won the Visa diversity lottery visa and i filed an I-130 two years ago.I am still waiting to be united with my wife of two years. If someone with H1B visa can bring his or her spouse why on earth should a Green card holder not have that luxury? After all most H1B applicants end up been green card holders.

After living here for some years and and experiencing this cruel immigration policy, it is no surprise that is a decadent and decaying society where family counts for nothing.

to Tough Life: it is not a law in the sense of the word, it is because Congress decides how many immigrant visas are to be issued each year and apportioned in various categories. An LPR is not, repeat, NOT a US citizen and therefore does not have all of the rights and privileges that a citizen has.
    As for the spouses of H1b types (and some others) those people are, in theory, TEMPORARY WORKERS and will, (also in theory) depart the US after their period of authorized employment is over.
    In the meantime, buy a box of Kleenex and wipe up your tears.

Hi....

I am processing my DV2003 in INS.

To tough life, why don't you go to immigration portal, they know held petition about GC spouse..... you can sign it up....

Hypocrisy is the middle name for the United States.

If you people want to bring your arrogance here, why dont you just go back home and practice your utopian selfish single ended policies? I came to the US and am grateful to be here, and I will do what the American says I will do without question because for an immigrant to be allowed in here is not a right. Stop that arrogance!! You ashame other grateful immigrants like me and give us a bad name!!!

What? I admire your zeal, i really do i just wished you had the brains to go with it. The point is if you bring in Immigrants to help develop your Economy, these Immigrants should be treated with some amount of decency. I am not here illegally and i did not beg to come here and neither is my Country of birth in Civil or Ecomonomic strife. I was hired to do a job and i do a good job of it. My point is you can't give people GC and make it near impossible for their Spouse or Children to join them. That is simply immoral and unjust.

I am a US citizen born and raised here. I have native American ancestors who were here for millions of years and I have to wait for 10 years before I can live in my own country with my spouse. Why are you complaining? You, a foreigner, only have to wait 3 years!!!!!!!!! I find it sick that a citizen should have to wait longer than a foreigner. My spouse did not commit any crimes. He just came here, now he can't come back for 10 years.

Please don't think that I'm trying to be sarcastic, mean, or anti-immigrant. I am sincerely curious why you want to come and live in a country that you think is so bad? I agree that immigrants are important to our society, economy, etc, but when I see such sharp, hateful, remarks geared toward this country on this board, I wonder if some people are interested in coming here for purely selfish reasons and have no interest in contributing to the society. I mean, if they think that American society is so darn inferior to other societies, then why do they want so badly to come here? If you dislike America or Americans, then it would be foolish to immigrate there, or am I wrong? Most immigrants are interested in contributing to American society and assimilating as well as they can into the culture, but it seems as though there are a few who see it differently.

Tough life. I am assuming that you married after you received your green card. If you did, then the government is just in making you wait. People could easily abuse family based immigration if it were easier for green card holders to bring thier spouses. If you are granted PR when you are single, then it is assumed that you will be a resident of this country and will choose your spouse from the thousands of single people livig here. If you were dating someone in another country, then it can be assumed that you were carrying on a long-distance relationship anyway, so a few more years won't hurt. I don't mean to sound cold, but you shouldn't have gone looking for a spouse in another country if you wanted to be with him/her immediately. If you want to be with your spouse, then nobody is stopping you from going to his/her country to live with him/her. It is different for US citizens because this is thier primary country and they should not be forced to choose between thier spouse and thier native country. Green card holders are still citizens and natives of other countries, and it is not cruel to make them choose between thier spouse and the US. You should have checked into immigration laws regarding these matters before you began a relationship with someone in another country. If you didn't, then that was irresponsibility on your part and if you did, then you knew how long it would be and shouldn't be complaining about it.