free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I 751 .......The least priority to process

Hi every one ,I have posted here before about my I751 which is pending in LA, California.

But every body here in this board are mainly from east coast.
    My I751 is almost getting over 2 years and I am about to get an other extension stamp on my passport(Third stamp)

As I said I have been married with my USC spouse almost over 6 years and INS still saying that they are behind because I called them last week.They said "Hopefully I get the result within 2 months" But I am really not sure .
    I am thinking They might have lost some of my paper work and I may need to hire an attorney to go and look.
    Any body in this board has any experience with California center ,
    Is this true that they shift their personel to different depatment and I751 are the least priorities and always the easiest one to postpon.
    Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

Hi every one ,I have posted here before about my I751 which is pending in LA, California.

But every body here in this board are mainly from east coast.
    My I751 is almost getting over 2 years and I am about to get an other extension stamp on my passport(Third stamp)

As I said I have been married with my USC spouse almost over 6 years and INS still saying that they are behind because I called them last week.They said "Hopefully I get the result within 2 months" But I am really not sure .
    I am thinking They might have lost some of my paper work and I may need to hire an attorney to go and look.
    Any body in this board has any experience with California center ,
    Is this true that they shift their personel to different depatment and I751 are the least priorities and always the easiest one to postpon.
    Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

Hello minasa,

It's not just California that is behind with the I-751's. The VSC is also about 2 years behind (at least my case). I have been also married for 6 years, and no word about my I-751. Did you check the processing times on the BCIS's web site? It will give you an idea where your case should be at this point. Good luck.

I did not file my I-751 yet but after one year (2nd stamp) its for sure due to call 800 number and your local congressmen.

Hi minasa,
    I have applied for that I-751 in August 2001 in CA service center got a notice extending my work and travel for 11 months so in summer 2002 I contacted an immigration laywer or better "liar" who conviced me that I better apply for the N400 and by the new year 2003 you'll have a US passport, so I listen to his advice and filed N-400 in September 2002 and in October 2002 had the fingerprinting done.
    Meanwhile the DMV wanted me to show them a document that I was legally here, to get a CA driver licence so in April 2003 I went to the San Bernardino office and they did stamp my passport , another year visa till April 2004.
    I sent several letters to the Service Center inquiring about my case you know is driving me nuts, it is 2 and a half years since I applied for the I751 and a year and a half since I applied for the N-400.
    I don't know what's wrong with the CA center don't they have enough employees there? and when I call the customer service they tell me just to wait, wait till when?

dielli:

Contact your local congressperson, wirte them a letter with all the facts and copies of the receipts filed with CSC and they will contact them to see what's going, waiting 2.5 years for I-751 is RIDICULOUS not even VSC makes you wait that long.

Yes I have sent a letter to the CA senator(B.Boxer) last week and today I just mail one to the Congressman, but I have heard that because of the big volume of letters they get takes few weeks to hear sth from them is that right and does it really helps asking the congressman?

How about you minasa when did you file your I-751 ? You are in CA is that right?

Minasa and Dielli,

Believe it or not, the processing time of I-751 at CSC is 2/19/2003. I could understand Chri, Daniel, Vivek and myself that we have waited so long and I am still waiting by the way and my marriage is heading toward the fifth aniversary this summer, because we all filed N-400 while I-751 was pending, which provided a possible excuse for VSC that two cases might be processed the same time at the district office. You did not file N-400 or just recently did. I understand that at this point you should contact NCSC, the representive greets you by their first names, write down the person's first name and his/her employee ID. Don't be afraid of asking, they must tell you. As you have to show some attampts having been made before asking help from congressional office.

I still cannot say N-400 do help the process of I-751 as they are independent, however, they are somewhat connected. Look, CIS can NOT naturalized a conditional resident unless the law would be changed one day, so by filing N-400, you set up a deadline for your I-751, the latest date would be your N-400 interview date since your conditional must be removed before naturalization can go on.

I very much appreciated the information I obtained from this board and the experience that other members shared with me. Like Vivek, his clear filing dates of his own applications have been very helpful for me to understand the following process that might happen to me. I do hope that people post their own tips, experience, regardless bad or good so that we can refer to.

So, is it true that the reason that we waited so long is that we filled for N400 and our I751 applications are transferred to local office? However, I never received any notice from VSC regarding the transfer. I have a citizenship interview coming up within two weeks, and yet still no word for my I751 application, it has been 2 years.. Can I ask the local INS to help me with the I751 case? Thanks for any help.

No its not true... if they transferred ur application to local office, that is for interview ...and in that case u should receive a letter informing u abt it .... Its just a long wait and they haven't gotten a chance to proceed with ur case...good luck...