publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: filing for i485 with i485 supplement a... HELP PLEASEEE..!!

filing for i485 with i485 supplement a... HELP PLEASEEE..!!

Ok so heres my story.
    I have a petition currently approved since 2008. Yet I havent gone through with it because I am inside the united states, older than 21, and entered without inspection. But I just found out today through uscis that I am actually eligible under the 245i law which permits me to adjust status inside the united states. Im am eligible because I had a first petition filed on 1995 which was never finished. I know i have to file both i485 and i485 supplement a, Yet I dont know how long this process would take for my case because I now have a workers permit, state drivers license, and workers ssn u nder the deferred action for childhood arrivals. This means that I have done my biometrics and they have already done a background check. Can anyone please shed some light as to how long it might take and what I should do.?? Please do share your timelines if youve had a similar process under 245i supplement a... thanks

Hi there! congrats on your recent news. After you send in your application it will take about 3 months for them to call you for an interview. Don't think that you having a biometrics and a work permit will make it any faster. Not sure what the time from interview to receiving actual residence card.

Quote Originally Posted by rdelgado0708 View Post
    Ok so heres my story.
    I have a petition currently approved since 2008. Yet I havent gone through with it because I am inside the united states, older than 21, and entered without inspection. But I just found out today through uscis that I am actually eligible under the 245i law which permits me to adjust status inside the united states. Im am eligible because I had a first petition filed on 1995 which was never finished. I know i have to file both i485 and i485 supplement a, Yet I dont know how long this process would take for my case because I now have a workers permit, state drivers license, and workers ssn u nder the deferred action for childhood arrivals. This means that I have done my biometrics and they have already done a background check. Can anyone please shed some light as to how long it might take and what I should do.?? Please do share your timelines if youve had a similar process under 245i supplement a... thanks
    245(i) cases don’t necessarily take longer than regular i-485 case. If your priority date is actually current, you can apply for the I-485 with the supplement. You will have an interview.

Also, you say that a petition was filed in 1995 but not completed. What do you mean not completed? What happened to the case and what type of petition was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaanderson View Post
    245(i) cases don’t necessarily take longer than regular i-485 case. If your priority date is actually current, you can apply for the I-485 with the supplement. You will have an interview.

Also, you say that a petition was filed in 1995 but not completed. What do you mean not completed? What happened to the case and what type of petition was it?
    It was the same type of petition.. i130. And I cant recall what happened to that petition.. I think it was abandoned...