50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent!!.. sammy ,umesh or any kindhearted ppl ..

Hello All,

It's a long story. My friend (h4.dependant visa) is married to an H1-b who is working in USA and she has a baby with him (baby is born in usa). Her husband is cheating over her. He is sleeping with several women who need money and he is planning to marry another girl who is living now in India. He smokes, drinks, gambles and sleeps with women (pretty much everything). He is planning to take her to India and leave her and the baby there. He threatened to kill her, and he doesn't come home everyday. She called cops couple of times and the cops told her that they cant do anything about his disappearance and if she wants she can leave him. He tortured her mentally and physically. She is young and confused don't know what to do. She wants to divorce him but she cant live in India due to social discrimination and my question is there any way she can get divorce and stay in this country legally??

Thanks

Hello All,

It's a long story. My friend (h4.dependant visa) is married to an H1-b who is working in USA and she has a baby with him (baby is born in usa). Her husband is cheating over her. He is sleeping with several women who need money and he is planning to marry another girl who is living now in India. He smokes, drinks, gambles and sleeps with women (pretty much everything). He is planning to take her to India and leave her and the baby there. He threatened to kill her, and he doesn't come home everyday. She called cops couple of times and the cops told her that they cant do anything about his disappearance and if she wants she can leave him. He tortured her mentally and physically. She is young and confused don't know what to do. She wants to divorce him but she cant live in India due to social discrimination and my question is there any way she can get divorce and stay in this country legally??

Thanks

Please forgive me for not being able to help with your the immi questions, but I think this might be of some use.

Most Y.W.C.A.'s have domestic violence crisis/safehouses for women and children. I just called them and they confirmed that a threat to kill IS considered domestic violence and it doesn't matter when it happened.

http://www.ywca.org/
    Sweet Madame Belu

Sheetal, it is not possible for YOU to stay here legally after divorcing YOUR husband. YOUR husband is the reason YOU entered the country. YOU have to choose between staying in an abusive relationship or going back HOME to "social discrimination".

She's more than welcome to go back to her country, get a divorce, and file to come to this country and live legally like everyone else. If you're asking f there's a shortcut by having a baby. Answer is no.

-= nav =-

sheetal: with her visa as a dependant she generally has no basis to remain here, unless she can get the authorities involved on the abuse issues. She should do this immediatly as Josephine advised! The best time to do this is to call 911 as soon as such an issue arises in the domicile. She may be able to adjust for humanitarian reasons and via "spousal abuse" laws that went into effect. If this is a forced marriage as it is common in some parts of the world (she'd fall under human trade and should be able to claim ayslum and/or adjust). Contact your local charities, churches, abuse shelter or women's organisation and they should be able to help her out too. Good luck!

Thanks Josephine and acelaw.I really appreciate your help.

anymore suggestions??? any lawyers here???

thanks

Gather all the evidence you have.ALL THE EVIDENXCE YOU HAVE.
    And go with what acelaw is telling you. If abuse is the case, she will be able to stay under asylum and/or adjustment of status.