publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Marrying to prevent deportation?

A friend of mine is now undergoing deportation proceedings . He had his first hearing last month and was scheduled for the next hearing on January 2004.

He got married early this week to a US citizen in an attempt to prevent deportation. Will marrying a US citizen automatically save you from deportation?

Please advise...

A friend of mine is now undergoing deportation proceedings . He had his first hearing last month and was scheduled for the next hearing on January 2004.

He got married early this week to a US citizen in an attempt to prevent deportation. Will marrying a US citizen automatically save you from deportation?

Please advise...

what is the reason for deportation proceeding?

Nope. It's a common method tried by many but the IS isn't that stupid.

Hopefully your i-130 *may* get approved by the time he gets to the trial and that *might* help. But it all depends on why he's being deported and really up to the judge.

marrying a US citizen helps only if your 130 gets approved and the judge grants a waiver BUT!

you HAVE to prove to the judge you didn't marry SOLELY to bypass the deportaton! Get ready to show TONS of documentation. Otherwise it wont help squat.

-= nav =-

i told him so too...

he was on tourist visa here and it expired ....
    is currently out of status... and unfortunately came from a country which was included in the registration thing

so after he registered ... he was scheduled for hearing and the second one will be early next year

hmmmm So I suppose his next move will be to further complicate life with making US spouse pregnant to help make the lie real. Then after all is said and done and maybe it may work and he gets GC. Next move.. dump wife after no longer being useful? its this kind of thing that destroys people lives, and gives love a bad name. I guess we will be hearing her story on the board in a couple of years. Just read the painful stories of Michael & swissnut. Do your friend's wife a big favor. Tell your alien friend to be a real husband for life to his wife, B/c Ij could very well tell him to take his wife back to his country with him. NO Guarantees in immigration court.

Don't worry. He'll do what every other middle eastern who gets deported. They escape to Canada who lets EVERYONE in.

-= nav =-

man, i cannot just imagine marrying for papers sake
    i wish them all the luck ...

but i still believe that if you marry someone it should be because you want to spend the rest of your life with her not because you want to spend 3 years and then let go....

too bad...